1.5 - Fish Sticks Kind of Day

"Why does math have to be so difficult?" CL complained as he pushed a textbook away from him and lied back in his bed. For the past two hours he'd been talking to Elis on the phone trying to understand a few math problems they needed to work on for the next day.

"I hope she cancels the quiz tomorrow," Elis grumbled. "It should be illegal to give a quiz on a Monday."

"Here, here," CL muttered. "But this quiz being canceled tomorrow would be a miracle."

"Whatever, I'm done trying to figure this out," Elis sighed. "I need my beauty sleep."

CL sat up on his bed, "Elis you can't just blow this off. You need a good grade!"

"Forget it there'll be more quizzes in the future," Elis rolled his eyes. "Flunking this quiz won't ruin my chances of getting into college."

"You can't fail this quiz; you need all the help you can get."

"Gee, thanks," Elis said sounding offended.

"You know what I mean."

"Yeah, yeah. I should probably just skip class tomorrow. I don't know any of this crap."

"Elis you aren't doing that!" CL gasped. "You have to try."

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep now."

"Elis..."

"Goodbye CL," Elis said.

Click.

* * *

Across town, Darren sat at his desk in in his bedroom on his laptop. He was on the GAY CONNECT website browsing through photographs of various good-looking men when an Instant message pops up.

SrfBch66: Hey stud. You've been MIA for a while.

Darren smiled. For a few nights now he'd been chatting with this guy he came across when he was looking through the profiles. He'd been talking to other guys but this one seemed like the nicest. His name was Erik, and he was a freshman in college. He was gorgeous, had light brown eyes and spikey brown hair that had green highlights. He wasn't as muscular as Darren, but he was averagely built.

DMWrites: Hi cutie ... yea, been busy the last two nights with schoolwork.

SrfBch66: Such a good student ...! We should meet up.

Darren looked at those last four words. It was 3 minutes and Darren was still contemplating whether it was a good idea to meet up or not. He had a girlfriend; he couldn't go and meet up and go on a date – especially when that date was with another guy.

SrfBch66: You there? :-\

Taking a deep breath, Darren figured it wouldn't hurt anybody. The days of his relationship with Clair were numbered anyways. Besides ... he was just going to meet up with Erik. It wasn't going to be an official date ... right?

DMWrites: that's an awesome idea ... let's do it.

DMWrites: how about tomorrow for lunch? I'll leave school even though we're not allowed to!

SrfBch66: >:} I love a bad boy ... tomorrow it is.

Darren sat back in his chair; his eyes glued on Erik's profile picture. Suddenly he was very excited to meet up with him. After all, it was all innocent fun. It really wouldn't be like he was cheating on Clair.