1.13 - Aftermath

The school was dark.

A silence so intense it was practically loud filled the empty building. The moon light shined through windows that were never there before and filled the hallway with a cold bluish light. CL rubbed his arms as he felt the cold grow thick. He walked down and caught a faint puff of smoke as he breathed out of his mouth.

Why was he here? CL couldn't remember why he'd gone to school this late at night let alone how he got here. CL stopped and turned around, beginning to panic. He broke into a run down the hallway, his fear growing stronger with each passing second. What was going on here? What on earth was he running away from?

Feeling tears form in his eyes, CL didn't dare look back. He couldn't. He just ran and ran down the endless hallway. Finally getting tired of running, CL forced himself to turn a corner. Suddenly he was in someone's home.

Pedro's home.

CL's eyes frantically took in the foyer of the Arizmendi house.

"Pedro?" CL called out in fear as he walked towards the living room. No answer. His heart skipped a beat when he saw the bloody mess at the windows. The white drapes was covered in blood, the carpet ... the furniture.

And in the second that CL blinked Pedro suddenly appeared in front of him. He was standing and looking directly at CL with a blank stare. His mouth was destroyed, and the back of his head was blown off. CL couldn't move, he couldn't talk, not even scream.

"CL ..." Pedro said in a raspy voice. He then extended a hand towards CL and grabbed ahold of his throat. His grip tightened until CL was gasping for air. Pedro raised his other hand and in that hand he held the gun he used to shoot himself with. Pedro raised the gun and placed it against CL's temple.

"NO!!!"

CL's eyes shot open. He stared at nothing until his vision came into focus and he realized he was in his own room and in his bed. He sat up, touching his throat.

"Honey?" his mother called, knocking. She opened the door of his room and came in. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm fine, go back to bed," CL muttered, looking away. He was still breathing hard.

"I can make you some tea if you're having trouble sleeping."

"I said I'm fine!" CL snapped, "It was just a bad dream. Go to bed."

Patty stared at her son and frowned. She nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her. CL sighed and lied back down, looking up at the ceiling.

* * * * * *