1.10 - The Scare

Elis gave his best smile as the photographer took several shots of him standing near a pool that overlooked the ocean. Elis was wearing a white casual suit with an open collar and a baby blue buttoned up shirt underneath that exposed his sun-kissed smooth chest. His long blond hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail.

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Julie the photographer. "A couple more and we'll break for lunch."

"Sweet," Elis grinned and struck a few more poses. After they were finished, Julie walked over to Elis and hugged him.

"Thanks for making time for us, I know you had class today," Julie said to him.

"For you, any time," Elis smiled, "You're my favorite photographer. Besides ... if I had tried to reschedule this my mother would have had my head."

Julie laughed, "We wouldn't want that. Anyway, change out of those clothes and grab a bite to eat. Afterwards we'll put you in the red swim trunks."

Elis nodded and started towards the changing area inside the mansion when he saw Henry. His heart dropped, wondering why he was there. Mustering up all the courage he had, Elis walked directly towards him, feigning a sense of fury that wasn't really there.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Elis, we need to talk," Henry said. Elis noticed the bags under Henry's eyes. He looked different. Tired, even, but Elis could still see some vicious flare in his green eyes.

"We have nothing to talk about," Elis crossed his arms. Henry leered.

"Oh, I believe we do," he said with a bitter laugh. "You need to know this as much as anyone considering we've been sleeping together."

"We haven't slept together in three weeks," Elis snapped.

"That doesn't matter," Henry shook his head. "You and your little friend think you're better than anyone. Holding your chin up high and looking down on me because I happen to like younger guys."

"You like kids," Elis corrected him.

"You didn't seem to mind that when we were in bed," Henry snickered and suddenly grew serious. "Either way ... I think it's appropriate that you know that I recently went to the doctors."

Elis shrugged, "And why should I care?"

"Because I got tested. Elis, I'm HIV positive."

* * * * * *