1.15 - Prom Night

Prom night - the night where teens get to party in the same room as their teachers and no one can say a word about it. While growing up CL never imagined he'd ever go to his prom. For one, when he was in middle school he never pictured himself having a boyfriend or a decent group of friends once he got to high school. Thankfully all this changed and now he had Riven and the greatest friends he could've ever asked for. CL shifted his tired eyes to Elis who was trying on his sixth prom suit from this store. They'd already been to five different places and none of them had what Elis deemed to be "perfect".

"Elis that looks great," CL said with boredom, taking a peek at his shopping bag with the box that contained his own suit. Tagging along with Elis to all the different stores made him start wondering if he had settled on his prom suit too quickly.

"I've got to look phenomenal, CL, I'm nominated for Prom King," Elis said with his eyes glued to the mirror. "I kind of like this ... but the shoulder pads are ruining it."

CL sighed and sat back. Elis grinned and turned around.

"I'm just going to try the last one," he said to him. "Thanks for putting up with all this... I'm just really excited for Prom. It's going to be so much fun!"

"It definitely will be," CL grinned. "This reminds me; I should call Riven and see if he's already gotten his tux. He could have probably joined us. Knowing him though, I'm sure he'd rather go get it with Darren."

"They've become good friends, haven't they?" Elis asked as he took off the blazer.

"They have," CL nodded with a smile, happy to see Riven making friends.

"Your cousin sure is something," Elis snickered. "Which reminds me ... I wanted to let you know first."

"What?"

Elis stopped and turned to CL again. "I'm going to ask Darren if he wants to go to the prom with me."

"What!"

Elis laughed and shrugged. "I know he doesn't have a date and I need a date."

"Elis but what about all those other guys that would kill to take you?" CL asked with apprehension. He knew Elis was a big flirt with everyone and didn't want to see his cousin caught up in a situation where he would actually like Elis only to have Elis hurt his feelings.

"I don't want to go with any of them," Elis shook his head. "Those guys just want one thing ... if you know what I mean. Darren is different. He's nice and respectful and can actually hold a conversation. After what happened with Henry it would be nice to go with someone that I know won't be there with me just to get me in bed later that night."

CL nodded, feeling a little bad for thinking the worst of his friend's intentions. "I understand. When are you going to ask him?"

"Today when I go over to your place for dinner," Elis said with a grin. CL stared at him.

"My parents didn't invite you to dinner..."

"But you will," Elis said brightly and went off to change into his last prom suit.

* * * * * *