1.16 - Poor Little Rich Boy

"You can't keep missing gigs," Elis's mother Angela said to him sternly as they walked down the hall of their home. Elis kept walking, not bothering to stop to talk to his mom. It had been a long day at school and all he wanted was to lie in his bed and sleep.

"I told you I couldn't miss school today," Elis groaned.

"But this gig was paying over 10 grand!" Angela exclaimed. "School could have waited!"

"No, it couldn't," Elis finally stopped by his bedroom's door and turned to face his mom. "School is ending in two weeks and I really need to do well in these classes."

"I thought you were doing fine," Angela frowned. "Elis you need to keep your grades up!"

"Uh, duh!" Elis shook his head. "It's why I need to hold off on these modeling jobs and focus on passing so I'm not held back."

Angela looked down to check her phone, "With the demand as it is to book you I wouldn't be surprised if you don't even need a high school diploma. Soon enough you'll be famous enough you'll be able to buy that dumb piece of paper."

"Mom!"

"Oh, I'm just kidding!" Angela shrugged and suddenly became serious again. "But seriously, miss another gig and we're going to have a serious talk young man."

"Oh like this isn't one already?" Elis said dryly. "Can I disappear into my room now? I'm beat."

"I'm serious," Angela said again, "Get one of your smart friends to help you with your schoolwork if you need the help but no more missing these jobs. Your agent is this close to dropping you."

"One of my smart friends," Elis nodded, offended, "Because I'm so stupid, huh, mom?"

"That's not what I meant," Angela scoffed but Elis shook his head and went into his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Elis walked over to his bed and fell into it, exhausted.

"I'm so over all of this," he whispered as he hugged a pillow close to his chest.

* * * * * *