1.6 - Trick or Treat

CL and Elis walked out of school. CL breathed in the soft autumn breeze. Sighing, he stopped and did a small twirl. Elis eyed him.

"Uh, what the heck are you doing?"

"This is beautiful weather," CL grinned. "It's about time the heat died down."

"Well, this is Miami in case you haven't realized yet," Elis said as they continue to walk towards the parking lot.

"We'd be having a full-blown autumn experience at this time of the year back home," CL said with a bit of nostalgia. He really did miss the browns and orange of fall back in South Carolina. Here in Miami, it was nothing but ... palm trees. Palm trees and mango trees.

"Thank God it's Friday," Elis said and suddenly beamed. "Tomorrow is going to be so much fun!"

"Yeah, it really is," CL nodded, "it's going to be my first Halloween party I ever go to."

"And a spectacular one, too," Elis grinned and swung an arm over CL's shoulder.

"It is so cool your mom lets you throw parties," CL said with a little envy, "Mine would never in a million years."

Elis shrugged, a bitterness suddenly replacing his excitement. "Well, she has to make it up somehow, being that she's a bitch the majority of the time."

"Elis!"

"Hey guys," Darcy said running up to them. "What's up?"

"Oh, hey Darce, I'm just gonna give CL a ride home."

"Great, listen ... I just wanted to ask you if I could bring a date?"

Elis and CL looked at each other before turning back to Darcy. "A date?" they both said at the same time.

"Well, I want to ask Tamara if she'll come with me," Darcy replied, a little embarrassed. Elis howled.

"You took my advice and you've started to move on, good job!" Elis shook Darcy but she just looked mortified by his loud reaction. "Of course, you can bring her!"

"Good," Darcy smiled tightly, "I've decided that I definitely need to move on. No more pinning over Olivia."

"Took you a hot minute for you to start using that brain of yours," Elis teased.

"That reminds me," CL suddenly said, turning to Elis, "Now that we're on the subject of dates, could I bring Riven?"

"Heck yes, that cutie can definitely come," Eliswinked at CL and then clapped. "This is going to be the best party in Miami!"

* * * * * *