Chapter 8

The carriage Prince Nathaniel was riding in finally came to a halt, awaking him from his nap.

"What is going on? Why are we stopping?" Nathaniel demanded as he left the carriage to see what was going on.

"Your Supreme Handsome Intelligent Powerful Highness Prince Nathaniel Leopold Oliver Clancy Kristian Archibald Gregorious Edmund Frederick Humphrey the Ninth of Xebia, the horses have been traveling all day and need a rest," Matteo explained.

"Once again, my name is Prince Nathaniel Frederick Oliver Gregorious Clancy Humphrey Archibald Leopold Edmund Kristian the Ninth of Xebia. As for the horses, I guess we shall have to stop for the night. Changing Servant, set up the tent, and help me get ready for bed. Carriage Servant, get my bed set up in the carriage," Nathaniel commanded as he gave Matteo a piece of parchment with his full name written on it.

After getting his nightclothes put on by his changing servant Louis, Nathaniel left the tent to go to sleep in the carriage that now featured a bed with clean silk sheets. However, before he entered the coach, a white horse with a bandage on its front right leg came into the corner of his eye.

"Hey, Horse Servant! You missed one!" Nathaniel called out to Matteo.

"What do you mean?" Matteo asked.

"Look over there. There's a horse that you failed to round up," Nathaniel replied as he pointed to the horse with the bandage.

"But you see, Your Supreme Handsome Intelligent Powerful Highness Prince Nathaniel Frederick Oliver-actually, looking at your full name, could I just call you Prince Nathaniel Fog Chalek? It's all the initials of your middle names clunked into two words, and it's much easier to remember," Matteo suggested.

"Absolutely not! That's even more insulting than getting my name wrong in the first place!"

"Anyway, Your Supreme Handsome Intelligent Powerful Highness Prince Nathaniel Frederick Oliver Gregorious Clancy Humphrey Archibald Leopold Edmund Kristian the Ninth of Xebia, the horse over there isn't one of the horses that came along with us on our journey," Matteo explained after looking at the Prince's full name again.

Suddenly, the horse came up to the horses that were pulling Nathaniel's carriage and didn't look ready to leave.

"Excuse me, Horse. I am Prince Nathaniel Frederick Oliver Gregorious Clancy Humphrey Archibald Leopold Edmund Kristian the Ninth of the kingdom Xebia. The Princess of Katrela has been kidnapped, and we are trying to find her. So leave unless you can help us," Nathaniel over-explained in a highly condescending and insulting manner. Sure enough, the horse kicked him in the stomach. "Well, if you can't help, then be on your way."

"I don't think she liked how you treated her. Here, I can handle this for you," Matteo said before walking up to the horse. "Hello, my name is Matteo, and he is Prince Nathaniel. We are looking for Princess Madeline, who was kidnapped last night. Do you think you could help?" he asked the horse. The horse nodded and gestured toward her injured leg.

"Why did she listen to you politely but punched me in the stomach when I did the same to her?" Nathaniel whined.

"How about you go to bed while I tend to her injured leg?" Matteo said.

"That sounds lovely. Good night; hopefully, I will awake in the morning after this near-fatal injury."