puzzle - yeojin x choerry

request: @camrenxbrittana

Days with Yeojin were easy. It felt like breathing in fresh air, light and refreshing. Yeojin could do that, make you feel like you were on top of the world when you were with her. Yerim was grateful for her best friend, especially when things felt tense. All Yeojin had to do was smile and Yerim would be grinning from ear to ear.

Yeojin lived with her dad, in a house by the ocean. It was only a few minutes walk away from Yerim's house, but it felt like a whole different world. The house was old, dated, but it a way that made it feel undeniably homey. The wallpapers were faded and the floors dull but Yeojin filled it with life. Whenever Yerim came over the house was filled with her things, abandoned games, stuffed animals, books, whatever Yeojin liked.

It was their hideaway. No one else to bother them. Yeojin's dad worked late hours and there was no one to tell them what they could or couldn't do. Total freedom.

What they did with that freedom was just sit around and play games all day. Sometimes they went to the beach, but this kind of beach was rocky and windy and cold, even in the summer. It was no placing to go sunbathing and swimming. Plus, Yerim liked it when she had all of Yeojin's attention.

The two of them were splayed out on the scratchy carpet of the living room floor on a Tuesday afternoon. A storm was brewing, Yerim could feel it in the air. In the meantime, they had a chess set out between the two of them and just like always, Yerim was losing badly.

"Check mate!" Yeojin cried out. "Again!" She pushed Yerim's little wooden piece over with a grin on her face.

"You're cheating!" Yerim insisted. "You have to be! There's no way you're this good!"

"Maybe you just suck~" Yeojin drawled, smiling at her lazily.

"Well I'm the only person you play, so you can't be much better," Yerim shot back, pouting.

Yeojin folded up the chess board, leaving the pieces scattered about the floor, and climbed into Yerim's arms. "I'm still better than you,"

Yerim reluctantly held her, taking a deep breath. "Doubtful," She said quietly, the teasing lilt in her voice gone.

"Yerimie?" Yeojin looked up at her. "You sound sad,"

"No," Yerim shrugged.

Her smaller friend narrowed her eyes and Yerim squeaked when Yeojin jabbed her in the stomach.

"Ow!"

"Tell me,"

"Have you ever..." Yerim chewed her lip. "Ever thought what it would be like if you and me were...girlfriends?"

"We are girl friends," Yeojin raised a brow. "I'm your best friend, stupid,"

"No, I mean like..." Yerim struggled for words. "Like love. Like dating,"

"Like Jack and Rose?"

Yerim snorted. "Is the titanic what you think of when you think of a relationship?"

Yeojin pouted. "Only if you're really willing to die for me. Otherwise you'd be a pretty crappy Jack," She snuggled into Yerim further. "Although I think I'm small enough that we could both fit on the door,"

Yerim chuckled halfheartedly. "Yeah,"

"Why?"

"No reason," Yerim replied quickly. "Just curious,"

"Speaking of the Titanic..." Yeojin got up and went to her DVD player, a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Noooooo Yeojin not again, we've seen this movie so many times," Yerim whined.