beautiful moon 2 - oliviahye x gowon

request: @jeromesupremacy
special thanks to ThirstyForRyu
length: 13.25k

"You know a whole part of this is that I have to get naked, right? I'm not too sure you're girlfriend would approve of that situation," Hyeju said aloud.

The trees rustled in the wind, and to the human eyes and ears, it would've appeared as if Hyeju was alone. But Hyeju wasn't human, and she could pick up on the sounds of Hyunjin's heart beating in her chest, her quiet and infrequent breaths. Both seemed odd for a vampire to possess, but when Hyeju called to her Hyunjin's breath suddenly stopped. Maybe she didn't need to breathe. Hyeju would have to ask her.

"Seriously, it's creepy,"

"How'd you know I was here?" Hyunjin stepped out from the trees and strolled towards her.

"Heard you," Hyeju raised her brow. "A while back,"

"You didn't say anything,"

"Well I thought you'd leave me alone," Hyeju crossed her arms. "You come here to finally beat me up?"

"No," Hyunjin huffed, looking away. "Heejin said I couldn't,"

"Really instilling faith in me," Hyeju scoffed and tugged on the collar of her shirt. "She probably doesn't want me to strip in front of you either," She teasingly pretended to pull up her shirt.

"Stop!" Hyunjin covered her own eyes and Hyeju chuckled. "I just thought maybe..." She sighed. "I was wrong about your whole deal with Chaewon, but I'm just supposed to hate you in general, the whole generational rival thing,"

"Believe me, I know," Hyeju chewed her lip. "What's your point?"

"No one else gets it," Hyunjin told her honestly. "What it's like to grow up surrounded by humans but not really getting to be one. I love Heejin, but I can't always talk to her about stuff like that. I don't know about you and Chaewon, but she's Heejin and I's best friend and you're important to her. I just thought you might want to talk like I do,"

Hyeju shifted uncomfortably on her feet. "Yeah well, I've never really talked to anyone about it. Chaewon probably doesn't think about it, and I'm used to it. It's normal in that isolating super stressful emotionally draining way,"

Hyunjin smiled wistfully. "I know what you mean. I'm like, a vampire, but not in the ways that count,"

"I think Heejin would disagree with that,"

"Shut uppppppp," Hyunjin covered her face. "You're worse than Chaewon,"

"Am I?" Hyeju laughed.

"At least you aren't trying to tell me you're happy I'm living truthfully,"

"Well I'm admittedly not thrilled about it," Hyeju told her. "You may have caught on,"

"A bit," Hyunjin rolled her eyes.

"Don't vampires get their powers from blood?" Hyeju leaned against a tree as they talked, now feeling more at ease. "Maybe you're stronger now if that was your first time,"

Hyunjin's eyes lit up. "Yeah! I don't know, my dad never really told me anything about how it worked," Hyunjin shrugged, and then her eyes got a bit dull. "He was killed when I was a kid,"

Hyeju sympathized with her, and it didn't take a genius to figure out why Hyunjin had hated her from first meeting now. There were very few things that killed vampires.

"Werewolves?" She asked softly.

Hyunjin nodded sheepishly. "I thought that you-"

"I know," Hyeju cut her off, giving her a small nod. "It's okay. I get it, it's in the past,"