Bad Luck

Summary: Adrien is sure he has bad luck, but Marinette thinks luck has to do with anything....

Adrien sighs, leaning up against a wall at his school.

"Relax dude, there are tons of girls out there." Nino leans his shoulder on the wall beside him with his hands in his pockets. Adrien thinks he looks like some swagger kid from a music video. The hat and headphones help him pull it off.

"But what if there isn't?" Nino gives him a weird look. Adrien continues, "my father probably won't even allow me to date, Nino. And not only that, just- it doesn't seem like anyone likes me, you know?"

He shakes his head. "No, I really don't. Dude, you always have a crowd of girls following you wherever you go. And probably some guys too." He winks and laughs.

Adrien laughs too. "The perks of being a famous fashion designer's son and model." They both laugh at that.

"But seriously bro, I don't think it's bad luck. Give it time. We're still young!" He looks out at Alya and waves. Marinette is standing beside her. He turns back to Adrien. "Plus, there's always Marinette," speak of the devil, Marinette's face flushes crimson and waves when she notices Adrien staring at her. When he looks back at Nino, he winks again.

Adrien's cheeks pink and he rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, you know she's just a friend. Marinette doesn't like me like that anyways." But a little voice in the back of Adrien's head whispers does she? What's so bad with Marinette? What if she does? He pushes the thoughts aside and smiles politely at Nino.

"Oh please dude. Have you seen the way she looks at you?" He has. "It's like she has stars in her eyes. Like there is no one else worthy for her to look at." Adrien thought it was only friendly. Lots of people stare at their friends.

"Nino, I'm sure she just means well," he says as he shrugs with one shoulder.

Nino rolls his eyes and gives up.

"But still," Adrien sighs once more and pushes off the wall. "I wish there were someone for me. Who likes me as much as I like them. Someone like how you have Alya. Someone who will always be there and listen. It seems nice." He faces Nino.

He's smiling a bit. "It is nice. But seriously dude, don't fret too much. No good will come of it. You just gotta wait 'till you find the right one." The warning bell rings and Nino pushes himself off the wall and claps Adrien's shoulder. Nino gives him a sideways smile.

Adrien nods and says, "how'd you know Alya was the right one?" They walk slowly in the direction of their class together, trying to buy as much time as possible before other students start to eavesdrop.

"I just knew. You get that feeling, you know?" He pauses and his face turns sorrowful. But what he doesn't know is that he has felt that feeling. With Ladybug, but she just doesn't reciprocate his feelings. "I guess you don't. It's like, your heart rate gets fast and you get the feeling that you'll do anything for them. And your tongue gets stuck in your throat and you almost feel like you're going to cry, because you love them that much." He's smiling to himself and every few seconds he glances at Alya. Adrien smiles at him and Nino puts his arm over his shoulders. "You'll know when you know dude."

Adrien nods. "Thanks, Nino."

Nino smiles. "No problem, bro."

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"Spots off!" Marinette hands her kwami a cookie and leans on the railing of her balcony that's right above her room. She and Chat had a tough akuma to catch today, but they succeeded, all thanks to her partner. Sometimes she thinks she would give up her own miraculous if Chat Noir ever gave up his. She's that willing to do what's right for him, even if handing over her miraculous to a new holder might not be the best idea, Marinette is willing.