Milk Wasted

Summary: if there's one thing Chat Noir is good at, that's sulking.... And drinking milk. And he's had one boring week of sitting on a bar stool at Le Grande Paris Hotel drinking glass after glass of milk, lost in his own thoughts.

Sure Ladybug has been busy with Shadow Moth and doing Guardian things, but does the really have to shut Chat out? Why can't he know who the miraculous holders are?With the help and advice from Butler Jean, Chat decides it's time to make a move, because what does he really have to loose at the moment? His sanity? The lady of his dreams?

TW: MENTIONS OF ALCOHOL

*************

"Another glass, monsieur?"

Chat Noir nods weakly, pushing his empty glass forward with the tip of his finger. Butler Jean pours him another glass of milk without question.

Chat Noir has been coming to Le Grande Paris Hotel almost every night for a week. He sits at the bar while the butler pours him glass after glass of milk. Since Chat is underage, and doesn't trust himself to be drunk, he drinks milk. He wonders if he drinks enough, it'll flood him through. His veins being so full of milk, his tears milk instead of salty water. Would his skin turn a pale white? And what about his hair?

Chat sighs, downing the glass in one big gulp, placing the empty glass on the counter. Why waste all this milk when the butler just refills his cup every time he says? No need to waste a perfectly good drink.

He folds his arms again and lays his head down on them. If Ladybug were here, she'd be appalled by his behaviour. She'd probably make him turn in his miraculous for being such a lousy holder. If she were here, Chat Noir probably wouldn't be like this; sulking and lazing around, drinking milk late into the night instead of returning home. She'd demand answers. Why was he acting like this? Why was he being so melancholy? Why was he sitting on a bar stool at 9 o'clock on a Thursday night at Le Grande Paris Hotel? Why was he acting so pathetic?

She'd probably tear him apart for being like this. For drinking his sorrows away with milk instead of alcohol. Imagine what she would do if she found him actually drinking alcohol. She'd-

No. He doesn't want to know. Doesn't particularly care. Ladybug has been occupied with her own sorts this week. The past few actually. And he guesses he hasn't been much help to her either. He's declined all her calls, ignored her, stopped calling her pet names and even refused to help with an akuma attack. She was furious, but he could tell she was also sad. Where had her Chat gone?

He didn't know.

"Tell me, monsieur Chat Noir. What has made you so gloomy?" Chat sighs, but doesn't bother to lift his head. When he doesn't answer right away, the butler asks, "Is it a girl? Perhaps your partner?"

He lifts his head at that. "She doesn't care about me. She stands me up on our patrols, she leaves me in the dark, she runs around saving Paris, knowing everything; miraculous holders, how to defeat any akuma that's sent her way, knowing how to act and be around citizens-"

"You know, monsieur, young love. It's not easy. Your partner is struggling just like you, whether you let yourself believe it."

He sets his head back down and grumbles, "She doesn't love me anyways. And from the looks of it, I don't see why she would."

"Perhaps, you need to see things from her point of view," he takes the milk carton out, but doesn't refill his glass. That's the fourth carton- tonight. Chat mentaly groans.

"I am. She would yell at me for being so pathetic. She would probably rip up an entire building if she knew what I've become."

"No no no, monsieur. You are looking at the glass half empty," he pours milk into his glass then drains half. Half empty. "Your lady will not get mad unless you let her. If you close her out, shut the doors, leave her alone, then yes, she might very well rip up an entire building. But," he pours more milk into the glass. "If you let her know how you are feeling, what you think, then she will understand."