In The Rain

A/N: August 23..... enjoy this sad thing?? super short btw. Also no idea who made the fan art. If you know, lmk

Summary: A Chat Noir angst one shot behind-the-scenes the producers were too afraid to make so I wrote it for you, :)

***********

"Little kitty on a roof, all alone without his, Lady."

The rain pours heavily over Paris, and Chat Noir sits alone on the roof of his and Ladybug's rendezvous patrol meetup building. Singing his song, he thinks about Ladybug and how they defeated another one of Hawk Moth's pawns not even 1 hour ago.

Thunder bellows above him and he sighs, wishing Ladybug were here sitting beside him.

"Little kitty on a roof..."

He looks down, folding his hands and sighs, Ladybug is not here. She's forgotten about him again. His heart drops and he frowns.

"All alone..."

This was the third time this week. He wonders if she knows that she's supposed to be on patrol with him but didn't come anyway. It breaks his heart. He slumps and his shoulders curl inward.

"Without his.... Lady."

He reaches for his staff and rings up Ladybug. She doesn't pick up. His heart breaks a little more. A tear falls from his face. It slips down to his chin and clings for dear life.

Does she even care? Ladybug said she doesn't love him. Maybe she never will. Chat's heart officially breaks, but something deep inside him pulls at his strings and beckons him not to lose hope. He's not sure he has hope anymore. The rain soaks his hair and the tips drip water into his eyes. He sits on the side of the building. The cold reaches his core and he shivers. Maybe it's time to give her up....

But he's not a quitter, he's a fighter. Ladybug's partner, and her best friend. So, she's definitely worth fighting for, even if she doesn't see him fully yet. There's still hope with his Lady, that someday she will acknowledge him as her significant other.

The lightning flashes and thunder roars as he moves to stand. He checks his cell-phone on his stick one last time.

"No new messages. Don't forget my CHEESE!" He frowns and places it back by his belt. He runs a black hand over his swollen eyes and sniffles. He crouches and gives the city a long look as a silent tear falls from his eye one last time.

He can see the Eiffel Tower from up here. And the canal. He can see his school. And even Marinette's house. He smiles a bit, thinking about Marinette.

He's lucky to have a friend like her. She's been nothing but kind to him. She's a great friend to have.    

Thunder booms again, lightning flashes above him, lighting up Paris below him. He stands and turns, thinking about Ladybug one last time before heading back to his lonely bedroom in the rain.