Umbrella

A/N: Day 6! (prompt 3) This is SUUUUUUUPER short..... enjoy though :)
Credits to @theumbrellascene on tumblr❤️

Summary: Adrien runs into Marinette. What more can I say, it's the umbrella scene 2.0

**********

"Claws in!" Plagg flies out of the miraculous ring, and Adrien catches the tired kwami in his hands. He pulls out a slice of Camembert and Plagg flies up to grab it. He tosses it in the air and catches it in his mouth making mmmmh sounds. Guess he's not that tired then Adrien thinks.

"Oh how I love Camembert!" Plagg exclaims dreamily. Adrien rolls his eyes.

"Come on, Plagg," he says and holds his jacket open for his kwami to hide in.

He slips out of the Montparnasse Tower as rain falls onto his shoulders and head.

He ducks back inside the building.

"What's with the weather?" Plagg asks from above his shoulder. Adrien scowls at him for being out in the open.

"I'm not sure. It doesn't seem too bad though." Adrien slides his duffle to his frontside and fishes out his umbrella, but it's not there. "That's right, I gave Marinette my umbrella at the beginning of the year." He smiles and zips up his bag and heads for the car where his bodyguard waits.

He was not even four steps out, when Marinette ran into him. Marinette? What's she doing at the Montparnasse Tower? Adrien asks himself.
An umbrella falls out of her hand and clatters to the ground. She trips and almost falls, but Adrien catches her. Marinette's foot gets caught behind his and they tumble onto the wet ground.

She lands on top of Adrien.

Marinette, out of breath, starts to stutter, her face turning red as a tomato. "S-s-sorry! Ack! Adrien-! Sorry let me just-! I'm!"

Adrien laughs. "Hey Marinette."

He looks at her softly. 'That faceeee!!' She thinks. Her mind switches to her dreamland with her and Adrien and their pet hamster for less than a second then- she looks into Adrien's eyes; they're soft and staring right into her's. She pops back into reality and Marinette's face goes completely red. It was all her fault. She just transformed back from Ladybug and wasn't watching where she was going and slammed into Adrien and then her foot got caught- I'm so clumsy Marinette thinks. She tries to look anywhere but Adrien's face, which means she looks at his chest and his shoulders and his neck- get it together Marinette!

She decides to look at his face, because his chest and shoulders and neck aren't helping her. "Adrien! I'm so sorry! I looking wasn't- I wasn't looking. Now you're all wet. This is my fault, I'm sorry." She closes her eyes and lowers her head.... right onto his chest. Her head pops up and her eyes go wide. She scrambles to push herself off him. "Sorry- I-. Ack!"

"Marinette, calm down," he smiles a bit.

"B-But I stumbled, and n-now, lying- lying on top of you-!" Her eyes go wide again and she freezes. Adrien laughs and gently pushes her off him and stands. He reaches a hand out to help Marinette up and she takes it. He pulls her up and their hands linger for a couple seconds too long. They both look down at them and blush. Adrien's hand comes up to his neck and he looks away. She hasn't taken her hand away yet... he smiles to himself. Marinette's body fails her and she just stares at their conjoined hands. 'His hands are so warm! And so soft too! Ahhh, Adrienn...'

Adrien gently releases her hand and he blushes again. He smiles at Marinette and bends to pick up her umbrella that she dropped when they fell.

"You still have it," Adrien's heart beats faster when he realizes she's kept his umbrella. Marinette is a good friend. She's kept his umbrella he gave her and it's not even damaged. He smiles warmly and hands it to her.

"Yeah, of course! I- uh thanks, haha," Marinette reaches out to take the umbrella from his hand. Her fingers brush against his and she smiles and blushes. She pops it open and when it does, all the rain falls over the edges, shielding them. It doesn't close on her this time. He never noticed how blue Marinette's eyes were until now. They're beautiful. The blue somehow stands out under the dark clouds of rain. Bluebell... How come he's never noticed this before?... "Actually, I was meaning to give it back to you at some point b-"

Adrien smiles and says, "don't bother. You can keep it for situations like this." He looks towards the waiting car then back at her. Marinette notices this and frowns.

"I guess you have to go," she says, looking down. For some reason, Adrien wants to reach out and lift her chin. He wants to hug her and tell her he'll stay with her. He does not do this though. Marinette sighs and looks up at him under her lashes. He thinks she looks very cute like that. His bodyguard crosses his arms.

"I'm sorry Marinette, but I'm afraid you're right," he gives her a sad smile and says, "I'll see you in class though!" She smiles a bit at that.

"Yeah, I'll see you in class," she says. He steps out from underneath the shield of the umbrella and starts walking to his bodyguard, but he hears Marinette call his name so turns to her and she lifts a hand and waves. He smiles and waves back over his shoulder. When he turns back around, he hopes something like this happens again. He hopes she'll run into him again, and he hopes he can look into her bluebell eyes in the rain, under his umbrella.