2: captured

"Jeez Jasper, you didn't have to knock her upside the head like that!"

"It was about to take off, Greg. I couldn't let it get away! This was likely our only chance at ever catching one of these things!"

"Well... couldn't you have just... grabbed her? She was right there... all's you had to do was-"

"Tch! Just be grateful I actually managed to get one. Your weak methods barely even got us close to catching one!"

"...well at least nets don't leave bruises like this..."

Uuugh... what is that...?

You felt something touch the side of your forehead, almost immediately flaring up in a stinging pain at the contact, making you groan and pull away from the source.

Where am I..?

You go to shake your head, trying to think through the pounding. However, upon trying to rub your head, found that your hands were bound behind you back. Still a bit groggy, you squirmed and pulled at them subtly to confirm your situation only to find that not only were your arms bound, but your legs and tail were also binded together as well. Even your wings were victim to the mysterious restrictions, as they had something tied over your wings, preventing them from even opening.

You couldn't even open your eyes, as even they had something on them!

What the...

To top it off, you found that you couldn't exactly move well at all, as you were slung over someone's shoulder, and was held in place by a muscular arm. Despite this, however on instinct, you struggled sluggishly against the bindings, grumbling in a confused, drowsy protest.

What's going on?!

"Uh... I think she's coming to..." a friendly male's voice spoke in front of you. "Tch. It better not try anything stupid." You heard a cross hum. "I doubt she wants to try after a blow like that..." something suddenly touches your forehead, in which you jerk your head up with an alarmed hiss. "Eesh, those are some sharp teeth..." you heard him mutter. "Don't do anything stupid, Greg!" You hear the woman snap gruffly. "Last thing I need is for you to break yourself." There was a small huff. "Well the least she deserves is an explanation..."

The blindfold suddenly lifted allowing you to see out of one eye. It was none other than the man, by the name of Greg, up close. Now you saw that he had mildly visible bags beneath his eyes, signaling a lack of sleep, as well as a bit of sweat running down his forehead, as he not only struggled to keep up with the one carrying you, but he also appeared to be rather tense at something. Even so, he had a very warm, genuinely friendly smile on his face. Seeing he had your attention, he gave a small nod of greeting to you.

"Uhm... hi there." He greets awkwardly, to which you reply with an uncertain clicking in your throat. "So uh... you're probably confused about what's happening right now..." his eyes trailed to the person who carried you, and judging by the fluffy mane of hair and the muscular orange arm holding you in place, it was the same orange woman that assaulted you. "But I-I promise you... it's not like you're going anywhere bad... it's just uhm-"

"Your kind is needed for my diamond." The orange woman gruffly explained, cutting him off. My diamond? "His temper has been getting worse over the years and you're our only hope in getting it under control..." ...Temper?? Greg winced slightly, rubbing the back of his head uneasily with a very troubled expression, but nodded. "Well... yeah... That's... kinda what's going on... but don't worry!" He places his hand on your head in reassurance. "He's really nice once you get to know him. Honest!"