fourteen.

𝐓hree long hours had now past, and Soleil was exhausted

𝐓hree long hours had now past, and Soleil was exhausted. First she had to entertain Illyan's shenanigans during her work time. But then, she felt something that she never felt before: jealousy.

Soleil normally wasn't a jealous woman at all. But seeing so many girls throw themselves at Illyan, made a new side of her that she didn't know come out.

It was no lie that Illyan was very good looking and could easily get every girl he wanted.

She often wondered why he lost his time of the day talking to her, when there were girls prettier than her and with less problems than her.

Which of course wasn't true at all.

She wouldn't say that she liked him, but she enjoyed his company and most importantly his personality.

Yes Illyan was an 'addict' , even though she really didn't like to use that word. But he had a heart and a soul, which most people failed to realize.

When you ask majority of people about what they think on persons battling with an addiction. The first thing that they usually say or think is: 'they really fucked their lives up'  or 'why take refuge in in drugs?'  or even  'why not just ask for help?'

People often fail to realize that some people don't have the same privileges as others. Some people can't afford to ask for help or just can't period.

From the outside of it drugs like: alcohol, weed, coke ect.. Look like something to take comfort in.

Some people just need comfort and too feel understood, which they often find in drugs.

They don't see their relationship with drugs like an addiction, but more of a medication or friendship.

A friendship that needs to be taken care of everyday.

" Soleil!" Illyan cut her thoughts short. He's been calling her for the past five minutes and haven't got a response ever since.

" H-huh? Y-yes?" she stuttered getting out of her trance. Soleil spaced out from time to time, but it wasn't really frequent.

" You straight? I been callin' you fa' five minutes straight mama" he informed a bit concerned.

The both of them were actually in Soleil's car, about to drive to his place. But when Soleil got in the driver seat , she just spaced out.

" I-I'm fine" she breathed out.

" You ain' fine" he protested, " Gimme' tha' damn keys, Ian' lettin' you drive like this. I worship my damn life"

Soleil sighed knowing that she couldn't win this and gave him the keys. She got out the car and went to the passenger side while Illyan went to the driver side.