twenty seven.

𝐒oleil gasped and jolted out her sleep, patting the spot next to her out of habit

𝐒oleil gasped and jolted out her sleep, patting the spot next to her out of habit. She sighed in relief once she felt Illyan, sleeping figure next to her and calmed down.

She looked at the time on her phone and groaned when she noticed that it was only seven. Her parents wouldn't be up before ten and she knew that. Especially since they woke her father up in the middle of the night.

" Mhm" Illyan groaned turning over. " What's wrong baby?" he tiredly asked, as he brung her head down so it would be on his chest.

"I-um nothing" she quickly dismissed the subject and shook her head. Soleil wasn't sure if Illyan already knew about her nightmares, but the way he wasn't home lately. She was almost sure that he wasn't.

" I already told you Ion' like that lyin' shit Angeline" he groaned. " I thought we was past you brushing ya' feelings off" he gently stated.

" I thought I was past that stage too" she sadly mumbled, looking down at her manicured fingers.

" And what did we do when you was in that stage princess?" he questioned with his eyebrow raised up, as he looked down at her now wide awake figure.

" I talked about what was bothering me" she muttered, slightly rolling her eyes. Soleil knew what game he was playing, and was sad to admit that it was slowly working.

" And did it helped?" he asked, a small smirk plastered on his face. Just like her, he knew she couldn't win this game. Yes, it was hard for her to express herself. But once you guided her in the right direction to do so, she had no other choice but to open up. Otherwise, she'll keep everything in and blow up like she used to.

" Yes it did" she mumbled, looking off to the side.

" Then I'm listening baby" he closed his eyes, waiting for her to talk. Her voice was so sweet and relaxing to him. He loved to hear her talk, it always calmed him down whenever he was stressed or mad.

" Truth is, I'm scared Illyan. I'm terrified. I've been putting up this act for the past few weeks but yesterday was just too much. I get nightmares in the middle of the night and you are never here Illyan. I always have to wake up from these nightmares alone, in a house that I don't even feel safe anymore at night time. In those nightmares, it's always the same end: you die. And every time that I call you, your only answer is: ' I'm outside, I'll be home in a hour'. Illyan I'm scared for you and for me. I need you home, I need you home with me. I don't need you outside putting your life at risk when you just got hurt" she expressed. Soleil was scared to open up, because she didn't want to be seen as selfish. She didn't want Illyan thinking that in this situation she was only thinking about her and not him.

" I know I haven't been home much, but I'm doin' this fa' you princess. Ion' want you ta' feel that way foreva'. Ion' want you ta' be permanently scared. I'm just protectin' you baby. I promise that once all of this is over, you'a have me ta' yourself aight? No more leavin'." he assured, pressing a gentle kiss on her forehead. " I-I want to start a family with you Soleil, an' I can't do that if my an' your life are in danger mama" he admitted. It was clear as day that Illyan wanted to start a family with Soleil, otherwise he wouldn't be with her. He saw a potential future together, and didn't want anybody to get in the way of that.