Chapter 9.

Waking up was difficult, but still... restful. No nightmare came to his mind this time for the rest of the night. Only a dream came. An old memory. A long-forgotten memory of his mind, of his childhood.

Lloyd opened his eyes wide. The light blinded him for a few moments until they adjusted. He look ahead. Ghost was still aslept beside him, and still held him in his arms. Lloyd felt... safe. He hadn't felt this since his brother left. Strange that... it seemed quick to him. He had attached himself too quickly. Why had he become so attached? He had barely met him and was already attached. Why? Why is he so attached to the people that treats him nicely? Actually... he knew why. He knew why he was attached. Many people do not support him, they insult him and ignore him, speaking ill of him. He had few friends, but that's why he felt grateful to have them. He had rare moments in his life when someone was so friendly and nice to him. But he wasn't friend with him. He wasn't friend with Lloyd Garmadon, but with Floyd.

"Too bad it's not you... It would have been fantastic..."

He didn't want to leave his arms. But he had to. He must... He felt awful that he was lying about his identity, but he wanted a new friendship. He wants to try, take this risk. As he takes extreme risks in battles and defends the city as a Green Ninja, he can take a new friendship at risk.

He managed to get up carefully from the ground. He had made his way out of the bedroom, slowly closing the door. His feet brought him to the bathroom mirror.

"What am I doing...? What am I doing?"

He looked at his own reflection. It wasn't him. His hair was not his. He turned on the faucet and put his fingers in the cold, flowing water. He wet his hand, which then caught a small part of his slightly black hair. The black color slowly faded on contact with water. The golden blond was coming out.

"I'm not in the mirror.."

His eyes were on him. He looked awful and not as tired as he used to be every day. His eyes closed. Images had been created for him. Bloody images of last nightmare..

'It's wrong. It's wrong... Why did I dream you dying? Why do I dream you too realistic? Why do I dream you of realistic and living death?! As if it's true! As if it has already happened!! Why this? Why?'

"Why?!" He screams. His hands were clenched on the edge of the sink. His eyes opened slowly. "Why..? Please don't..don't be real.. please." Deep down he felt a huge urge to cry.

"Remember Zane's words." He closed his eyes. "Inhale.. Exhale.. Free your mind. Free your soul. Everything is fine.. Nothing serious has happened, everything is fine." He opened them.

Again the strange green light was in front of him. But this time, there were two more with her. Lloyd was just looking at them. It was sure it wasn't a play of light, but it was weird.

'Could it be because I'm a the Green Ninja? That I have powers? Do I see green lights now? Or do the green lights follow me?'

"I'm too tired for this.."

With that, he goes back to the bedroom. Inside, Ghost was awake. To Lloyd's surprise, everything was packed and carefully placed in his bed. Ghost was sitting in Lloyd's desk chair. He looked at the door.

"Morning..." He greets him softly. Sounds tired.

"Good morning." Lloyd wanted to know if he was okay, but the other person's words rang.

"Did you have another nightmare last night?" He asked softly.

"No. And... thank you."

Ghost didn't say anything, just smiled at him.