Chapter 14.

Floyd and Ghost almost didn't bump into each other, almost, but they still collided, both falling on the grass in opposite directions. The cookies were safe and intact. Maybe with small cracks here and there.

"I'm So Sorry I'm Late!!" They said unison. After that, they started laughing.

"Are you okay? D- Garmadon didn't do anything to you, did he?" Lloyd asked him.

"No, no. He didn't do anything to me." Morro assures him. However, an unusually familiar smell attracted his senses. "Do I somehow.. smell cookies?" He suddenly felt like a child.

Lloyd remembered. "Oh yes!" He shown to him. "My mother made them. She said I'd bring you some too. Do you want some?"

"Logic!" Morro had taken one and bite into it. The taste of the cookie took him back to his childhood. Melancholy struck him again.

"Ghost?" Floyd said his name in a slightly worrying tone.

"Hm?"

"All good?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You space out."

"I-I did?"

"Yeah. All good? Aren't the cookies to your liking?"

"Everything's fine. And the cookies... are divine. Send your mother thanks from me."

Floyd smiled. "I will."

------

Morro knew it was time. Time to 'confront' the Smith brothers. He went inside in fear. He could hear their voices at the entrance. Morro had found them in the living room. Kai stared at him.

"Hey Morro! Where have you been?! I kept calling you, but you didn't answer. We were worried."

"I have to tell you something." Morro completely ignores Kai's statements.

Kai and Nya looked away. "OK, say it."

"I.. I have to go. I can't stay with you anymore."

"What do you mean you're leaving?/Where?!" They said in unison.

Morro was now looking at their expressions, which were not very cheerful, even outraged. He didn't even expect joy.

"Morro, where are you going? And why all of a sudden?" Nya asked, paying attention to the brunette's behavior.

"I can- I can't say where.. But it's a safe place."

'I hope it is...'

Kai and Nya glanced at each other.

"How can you not? Did your father find you?!"

"Not."

'Or yes... It would be one in a way. It's still bad and it would be.'

Kai thought for a moment.. Morro for them, he was still a person with questions, an enigma. Morro never told them his brother's name.They didn't know why, the reason. Fear maybe? But he didn't seem to be lying, and they didn't think he was lying. But Morro was still a boy who made Kai think.

He sighed. "You call us three times a day after school." Kai told him. "I've known you for a while, but you give me a strange feeling of worry, but also of confidence, buddy."

Morro looked at him in surprise, but a smile appeared. He promised them he would.

'But I still don't trust you to be alone.'

------

Morro reached the Lord's 'house'. When Garmadon saw him from a distance (waiting for him), 'happiness' appeared on his face.