15. The Killer's Game

Unknown Point of View...

Tay was sitting down at his desk, in his little apartment, somewhere in the center of Big Bucharest.

No one was on his lead, no one knew him in this city except for his neighbors, which regarded him as Tay, a simple guy in his twenties, introvert, who was either working a part time job to pay off his student loans, for an university he didn't even finish, either coddled up in his apartment.

Tay was smoking marijuana, as he did frequently.

In front of him he had a nice, elegant table with refined foods, some sushi which looked like it had been cooked by a chef, and some perfumed candles, and an open window, to replace and clear the air, after smoking.

Tay liked everything to be clean.

*

"You're not a very good detective, miss. But, okay, I'll accompany you since a miss like you shouldn't be out there alone." Jacob winked at her.

"I'll ignore the sexism in that, and we might get along just for today."

Ariana stormed very lively out through the front door, and the duo darted through the garden.

Work was being done in the backyard, indeed.

A crime scene team of archeologists were swarming the area, ground penetrating radar was being used to scan the soil, and people were determining whether to dig it up.

Whether any body was buried underneath.

The cops brought two trained police dogs to sniff things up, but they were kind of bored and their smell wasn't triggered by anything in particular.

To Ariana, things didn't look as if they would pan out, so she didn't even stop to inquire.

She and Jacob just went on, past the backyard, up a meadow.

Jacob felt as if he was following the lead of an insane girl, who wasn't even dressed right for the job, and who only made up theories and stories.

It hadn't passed too much time since she suffered a head injury, on top of it all.

But he just went on, because he was very passive by nature.

"Arghh, if I knew I'd be walking through soil I wouldn't have picked these heels." Ariana squirmed as she felt as if she was getting stuck.

"It seems it had rained recently, since the soil is so penetrable."

"Yeah, would make it easier for a criminal to dig up bodies." Jacob shrugged.

"I don't think anyone's earthed out here. But damn it, I'm taking my shoes off."

And to Jacob's great shock, the crazy girl really took off her shoes, leaving herself barefoot.

He started chucking.

"Didn't think you'd actually go through with that..."

"Closet up whatever you have to say." She stormed, freer, through the wilderness, under the blue sky, holding her heels in her hand.

"You might get hurt, I'd better give you my shoes. I have socks too." He really bent down intending to take his shoes off.

"Eww, no. I don't want to soak my feet in your perspiration."

"I wanted to say that, now that I saw your naked feet I can marry you. It's an old Chinese saying, but I don't think we'd ever get along."

"And the most important reason, my heart's already taken, and I'm faithful. And you're really not my type," Ariana emphasized as she walked on the top of her toes in order not to get anything stuck in her feet. Jacob watched her, amused.