26. The Unusual Christmas

One year ago...

Ariana was found about an hour later that night by a farmer in the area, in whose barn's exterior wall she crashed her range rover.

He called the cops; it was alerted that a car crash took place on the A15 highway, in Lincolnshire and the car was alerted to be registered in Big Bucharest.

The I.D. found on Ariana convinced the local police to alert the BB police right away, while she was interned at a local hospital.

Her teammates, Michael, Jacob, Lily and the others learned about it right away, and Joseph drove right up to Lincolnshire at 6 a.m. on Christmas day. It was his most out of place Christmas ever, especially because he had to drive in the same car as Simon who had a habit of always actively doing something.

Having lived in the company of Simon for the last half day Joseph came to know the beautiful guy had to do anything constantly, to move incessantly, which was becoming annoying.

"Ara's always getting in trouble, ever since I've known her," Simon commented while he was solving a Rubik cube. Joseph watched his moves in the dashboard mirror, so annoyed by the sound he made.

He was so worried about Ariana; Ever since he heard about it, he was sure it was the work of the white truck guy.

Simon could solve a Rubik cube in under three minutes and he did it and then messed it up again then solved it for ten times consecutively. Joseph couldn't solve a Rubik cube that fast and that as well as his worry, annoyed him very much.

What else annoyed him about Simon was the fact that he always accentuated the fact that he's known Ariana for so long as if he did it on purpose.

He just couldn't stand the guy. How could Ariana?

In the end they arrived at the hospital in central Lincolnshire and rushed up to Ariana's room. The farmer ended up being her 'guardian' and they encountered the fair haired 40 year old man on a bench outside her room, dozing. Joseph roused him.

"Hello, uh- I'm Ariana's fiancé-the lady you rescued, and I want to thank you for that," Joseph's voice trembled slightly and Simon studied the farmer's face.

"Well, o'course, I wouldn't have left her yonder in the snow, ye lads. Thank me for what?" He waved a hand with that attitude of peasant men. Was he forty, Jacob wondered, cause he surely acted like he was way older.

"She crashed into your barn right? Shall we repay you?" Simon intervened eyeing the man with those blue eyes of his.

From there the man had insisted that they don't pay anything cause it was an old barn anyway, but Joseph forced some money on him and sent him home. They found Ariana sleeping peacefully, her head bandaged, her wrist and right hand in a cast.

"You reckless girl. I should've gone with you," Joseph said while looking at her endearingly.

"Could this have been the white truck driver who drove you both almost to your deaths?" Simon looked at Joseph questioningly as he sat on the chair by Ariana's side, touching her arm slightly. Joseph noticed that gesture immediately.

He'd have to get used to the fact that he's her best male friend, Joseph cursed.

"Probably." He pulled out a whiff as he watched his fiancée sleep peacefully. She's so beautiful, she's perfect, he smiled.