32. The Psychopath

Present time, London...

Footsteps trotted towards Ariana's cell, where she was waiting impatiently.

God, let me see Joseph, she was hoping.

But when she blinked her eyes she saw Michael... Her former team leader. Seeing him, a few hundred memories flourished in her mind from back in the days they worked today... Those were, actually, very good times.

If she'd known they'd be ending so soon, and she wouldn't have ever guessed so, she would've appreciated them more.

Michael St. Clair was followed by Jacob, and a few men wearing all black, as if they were attending a funeral, also came by.

"Oh, finally. Are you letting me out?" She asked with blaring excitement, although the presence of those people made it seem unlikely.

"No Ariana. I'm sorry... but we can't let you go," Michael sighed, hands on his hips. He had dark circles under his eyes, what was he up to?

He still couldn't believe he saw Ariana there, like that. Whoever had framed her for this was going to pay.

"But why? I haven't done anything wrong to be arrested, the last thing I remember is being with Joseph...at home, " at that, Ariana's eyes darted to some other place. She had thoughtfully retracted inside of her mind.

Why? Was there something she didn't remember?

"That's why we can't let you go, Ariana. You might have a serious form of amnesia. We need to catch Simon to verify that," Michael was shaking his head. He looked mournful, and nothing better could be said about Jacob behind him.

Ariana's blue eyes were bluer than ever. They were lost. Her thin hairs were rising on her arms.

The suspense was chilling her to her bones...

Simon, what have you done? Where are you? Joseph... Michael, Jacob. The men in black clothes. Mind erasing powers... Amnesia... Her mind was a bulimic vaacum...

There wasn't escaping her mind, her body...

"Take miss Johnson out and handcuff her!" Michael barked.

She couldn't believe it... She wanted to scream, Michael, what are you doing?

She was scared. What, where were they going to take her? The county prison? Her Majesty's prison service?

Maybe at least there she'd have peace of mind... Would she?

"Amnesia? Impossible..." She started but trailed off. Just the other day she remembered the truth about her mother's murder, after twelve years, so it wasn't really impossible...

"Still, you're not obeying official policy. You can't keep a person in police jail for as long as you kept me here..." Ariana reminded him.

The men did as promised. They handcuffed Ariana and started leading her away, with Michael at the front.

"Jacob, you promised me you'd let me meet Joseph," she pleaded, vainlessly. Jacob didn't say anything. He seemed to hide his face from her.

Something really bad must've happened...

Something she didn't remember.

"Can you tell me at least where I'm being taken?" She asked shyly. Jacob turned around and bit his lip.

"To a hospital," Michael told her bluntly.

"Only until we catch Simon and we can clear things up," Jacob assured her, trying to sugarcoat it.