31. Confessions

Present time, London...

Ariana got out of her cot and walked towards the bars, like a zombie. She looked around and, seeing a guard, she flourished her hand and called out:

"Hey, can you come for a bit?" she inquired and, though famous as she was, the guard seemed to ignore her. When they turned around though, Ariana saw that it was a older woman with short hair.

So that's why...

"I've got something to confess," she bit her lip, gripping the bars tightly. Hearing that, the woman sighed and walked right to Ariana's cell.

Ariana tried her best to smile and fidgeted nervously. She didn't even know what she was arrested for but she bet she'd learn soon...

They kept it a secret for a reason.

And Joseph... When would she get to see him again? Jacob had promised that.

"What do you have to confess huh? Confess already," the guard crossed her arms curtly. She seemed impatient.

"I remembered who killed my mother... I had a dream last night... Well it might be strange telling this to you, but I had amnesia all these years..." Ariana gave the woman her pleading eyes, hoping she would alert the higher-ups. If not, Ariana would still get this out somehow.

Her father had to burn for that...

"So? Who was it?" The guard inquired in a blank voice, totally disinterested as she lighted a cigarette.

"My father. The CEO of Johnson's Electronics... H-he shot my poor mother to death. You have to arrest him! You have to go and tell this to the commissioner-"

Somehow, the woman's disgusted, sardonic-smile face stopped her.

"You're insane? Your father's dead," the guard was walking away, wafting smokes in the air. "He's six feet underground now."

The lady guard spoke darkly.

*

About a few months ago...

Ariana walked into the crystal building of the Johnson empire like a model on the catwalk, followed by Simon Taylor. They'd met earlier that day, after she came from Scotland. Joseph was with them too, but since the first time he met her father a few months ago he felt they wouldn't get along, so he opted to stay away as much as fate would allow.

"Damn, I hadn't been here in a while," Ariana said as she looked around at the tidy, huge hall swarming with people and suits. It had an American, clean air.

Simon was fed up with the place. He had come here too much in the past two years...

"So, what are you going to do here? Your father must hate you after making that shit public," Simon reasoned, hands in his pocket as they walked to the front desk.

"Hello Vivi," Ariana smiled, waved a hand with a little corny, waving her hands. Despite trying, she wasn't in the mood to make conversation.

"Oh, is that you Ariana?" The receptionist, Vivienne, smiled brightly, her huge rectangular earrings bouncing off. "Oh my God, you haven't visited in a long while... What's been up?"

Ariana had to destroy Johnson's Electronics from deep within... Otherwise, the killer wouldn't let this country sleep in peace. She had to be ignorant to her own father's work. She didn't care about this business anyway.

"I need to go see the vice president... His Majesty, My brother," Ariana said and Vivienne didn't miss the sarcasm as she painted a smile. "He's here today isn't he?" Ariana clicked her heel.