20. Group Amnesia

The Uk Police forces found four of the victims... As Ariana suspected, one of them couldn't be located and the criminal lied.

Ariana's notes and conclusions, her gutsy deciphering of the murderer's letter played a big part in finding them.

The victims had been held in a skyscraper just across a local named Red Hot Chilli Peppers, which was a five star local...

As they found them, the victims were emaciated. They hadn't eaten or drank anything in four days, and, while they could withstand hunger, they were on the point of dehydration.

The four victims that were found alive and taken to the hospital were Samantha Worth, Amèlie LaLiberte, Brandon Miles and a 16 year old teen guy who was the youngest victim of all ten named Virgo Styles.

They were the sole survivors of the Ten.

As soon as they were found, Michael's team was called in to swoop the area, but Ariana didn't care anymore...

What evidence could there even be?

She was so thankful to God that these people were safe.

Sammy, most of all.

So she could barely wait for the girl to recover enough so she could go visit her at the hospital.

As tricky as it sounded, all four victims would be interrogated anyway, because they'd probably have a lot of new insight for catching the murderer.

Or that's what was expected.

But the very fact that they were alive was suspicious. Would a murderer let evidence live?

Would this murderer?

But somehow, as she thought about it, in her thoughts Ariana had predicted that it wouldn't be that easy...

*

Two days later Ariana was amidst the throng of people in front of the hospital, waiting to get in...

There was a bunch of TV reporters, journalists, writers, onlookers, but even the relatives of the victims had to wait in a queue in order to see their loved ones.

Victims who survived, almost, miraculously.

It was really unheard of.

Almost as if the murderer had a heart.

"Excuse me. I'm a detective with the local police of Big Bucharest. I'd like to visit Samantha Worth, I heard she's stable right now." Ariana drummed her nails on the receptionist' desk.

The woman, who wore glasses and couldn't care less, gave her a rictus smile.

"Uh, Miss- Ariana Johnson? The relatives of the victims are in right now. We tend to think they should have priority here..."

The receptionist's eyes flitted over Ariana's badge again, her full lips parted.

"Furthermore, in Sammy's case we can let in London detectives only."

Ariana pushed her fingers forcefully in the desk, regarding the woman with an almost dangerous smile.

"Well, in case you didn't know, I played a big part in finding these victims."

"We don't really care about that." The receptionist' smile grew in size.

This turned into a silent war between the two women.

"You can visit any of the other victims, though. "

"Please just go tell Sammy that I'm here. She might be interested in seeing me."