43. Her Arrest

Two months ago, Cluj-Napoca...

Joseph stood in the doorway to the basement, holding a gun, eyes red and focused, shaky hands and a trembling silhouette. Ariana was utterly shocked as she fell, knees-first to the floor.

Her father was dead. Joseph had killed him.

Ariana heard her grandma cry out as she ran over to her now dead son. Simon didn't even care anymore.

"Joseph..." Ariana could barely say his name as she cried. Simon watched her, but he had his gun trained on Joseph, ready to shoot.

His revenge plan, his plan to torture Bernard Johnson for days, then kill his mother, Mrs. Vera in front of him, then kill him slowly and painfully was ruined.

Why did he trust Ariana? Why, why, why?

He wanted to cry too but he couldn't affort it. He had to get away from there.

"Why did you do that, Joseph... I, I should've killed him. You've killed someone now too, Jo." Ariana's tears fell heavily and she stood up on her legs.

"I know everything, Ariana. I've followed you guys, all along since you entered the villa. Go now, go, I'll take the blame for this-"

"No Joseph. The only one who's escaping here is Simon, not me. I will go and take all the blame for what I did, but he has the memory-erasing power and he shouldn't ever get into someone's hands." Ariana approached him as she explained.

"But he's a criminal Ariana. He killed so many people and he is dangerous," Joseph gritted his teeth as he said. His eyes were red and he only saw blood. He couldn't believe he had just killed someone.

"I've killed more than him. I've killed more than half all those victims. Please, let Simon go, I'll give myself over to the police, I promise and I'll tell the entire truth. " Ariana raied her hands up in the air, in front of Joseph. Both of their faces were contorted, their faces swollen.

When she looked at him, she couldn't say she felt exactly nothing.

She used to think she was cool. In her murderess life she dressed cooly and did really messy stuff with one of the most handsome men she had ever known, Simon. He was her lover, her punisher, her saver, her destroyer, her hero.

Oh, he was apoethic indeed. He had been her lover and best friend for so many years. She loved him more than himself, and more than he loved her.

And then, there came Joseph who was a good and more casual guy and loved Ariana. That's why he was the one who shot her father, as he arrived and saw her ready to shoot, and Simon's gun pointed at her. He knew the guy was crazy so he didn't take chances and in the end, fulfilled Ariana's lifelong wish.

Her mother's murderer finally died.

Joseph became suddenly alerted and then looked back at Ariana.

"Michael and backup is coming, if you still want to run Ariana, do it now-"

"Well then I'm game on that offer," Simon looked at both Joseph and Ariana, his look lingering on her as he seemed to give her a message. They were all a bit too high on the fumes of Bernard Johnson's death that nobody thought clearly, anymore. "We'll see each other again soon, love. Hang in there for me." And he ducked his ruffed head in the tunnel, shutting the door after him.

Ariana was left with Joseph and the shards of their relationship amd everything. She saw the cops running behind Joseph so she sprinted forward and pushed Joseph aside, grabbing his gun, the gun that contained her father's soul, away from his hand. So she went and surrendered herself to the police, hands up in the air, the gun that killed her father in her left hand.