two

"Your Bucky?"

"Your Y/N?"

"But... Your Bucky?"

"No, apparently I'm a dickhead asshole."

"Steve I thought you said your best friend was the most wonderful person in the world or something like that. I hope you know that he's a complete asshole." You turned to Steve.

"You think I'm wonderful?" 'James' asked in a teasing manner with a smirk and an eyebrow raised.

"Not the time, man." Steve rolled his eyes.

"What's going on?" Natasha asked, turning to you.

"I've just had a really shit day and he made it way worse."

"Who, Bucky?" Natasha asked.

"No shit, Nat."

Y/N stop it, you're being a bitch again.

"Look I already apologised about the coffee." Bucky said, catching your attention.

"It's not that I'm mad at, you just, your so goddamn full of yourself." You groaned.

You had known him for five minutes, you knew you should have been making any assumptions but you couldn't help yourself.

"Meeting someone and asking them out because I'm interested in them is full of myself?" Bucky scoffed. "Yeah, Yeah, Y/N, that's what it means."

"Wait so your the one who rejected Bucky and made him full on depressed?" Nat laughed, "That's amazing."

"Just, ugh I've had a really bad day and that just tipped me off." You groaned, placing the bag of treats you got from the bakery on the counter.

You felt your phone buzz in your pocket, your heart began to beat faster as you lifted it and read dad as the caller ID.

"I'm sorry I... I have to take this." You said to Nat.

"Of course, you can go into the hallway if you want, it's quieter." She smiled sadly.

Natasha was the only one you had confided in about what was going on in your life right now, a few weeks ago she had held you in a tight hug while you cried into her shoulder. You assumed your best friend had told her fiancée, since they were the strictly no secrets type of couple.

"Thanks, Nat." You said before you answered the call. "Hello, Dad, is everything okay? How's mom?"

You closed the door of the hallway softly and slid down the wall, resting on the soft grey carpet.

"Hey, honey. Mom is alright, not too bad today, she has some good days and some bad days."

"I'm glad to hear she's feeling better."

"Why I called was your mom really wants to be there for Natashas wedding-"

"Dad I don't know if she can handle the travelling she is-" You interjected, worry taking over.

"Yeah, hon, I know, I tried to talk her out of it, but she insisted, and she's managed to get a nurse who is willing to travel with us and be on standby the whole time."

"Dad I just don't think she will manage it." You argued.

"Honey I know, I don't think we should come either"

A lump formed in your throat as you listened to your dads voice begin to break.

"They... They don't think she has long left, only a few months maybe."