eight

Some things in life were uncertain, some things in life were certain.

Your mother was one of those people who was uncertain.

You had been at the planetarium and exhibit for a total of 5 minutes and she was already wizzing about in her wheelchair doing a million things at once.

Well maybe it wasn't exactly true, she wasn't strong enough to push herself around, so instead she would shout 'faster, Dave, faster!' as he poor husband had to push her around the exhibit as she read about.

"Your mom is really something." Bucky chuckled, watching her move around the display of model planets, your dad trying to explain how they all rotate around the sun.

"That she is." You grinned, looking up at Bucky.

Bucky had been great so far, he had avoided answering any of your mother's questions as much as he could, but you had heard heard him say 'I care about your daughter very much.'

He was so good with her. Your mom.

Your mom was not an easy person to be around, she was nosy, and always liked to know everything about everyone. But she was amazing, and she always meant well. And she was the most caring person you had ever met.

No one compared to your mother. She was one of a kind.

"Should we like... I don't know, be more... Coupely?" You asked awkwardly, noticing that there was still a few centimetre gap between you and Bucky, compared to the other couples who were all linked arms, or hands around each others shoulders.

"Yeah, we probably should." Bucky replied looking down at you.

God, why did he have to be so goddamn tall?

And then he done it again, his bright blue eyes once again locked in yours.

It was this never ending cycle, Buckys eyes would meet yours, you would feel like you wanted to melt on the spot, Bucky felt like he wanted to melt on the spot, and then you both pushed whatever feeling washed over you far, far away, discarding it and disregarding that it ever happened.

Bucky effortlessly slipped his hand in yours and absentmindedly stroked the back of your hand. It felt strange, you hadn't walked with someone like this for a long time, but at the same time it was another one of those things with Bucky that felt so fucking natural.

No, stop it. Not natural. Pretend. This was all fake, all made up. All a show.

"Awww look at you too." Your mom cooed (after she forced Dave to push her back over to you and Bucky) "So cute."

She grinned as she looked at your joined hands, fangirling over it to your dad.

"Let's get in the queue for the planetarium, it's getting busy." Your dad suggested, in which you and Bucky both agreed, your mom still 'awwing' over her daughter and 'boyfriend.'

"Bucky, you home?"

Sam Wilson strutted through the front door of Buckys apartment.

"Wilson, I could have been fucking naked for all you know." Bucky groaned, his feet up watching TV on the sofa.

"Mhm, you haven't been doing much of that lately."