christmas bonus scene <3

10 months later

Christmas was extra special for you and your family. Some of your happiest memories with Bucky and your family were around Christmas time. And now with your beautiful newborn baby's first Christmas, the whole family couldn't be more excited.

You loved a New York Christmas more than anything, and because your parents hadn't really bothered much about the holiday season while you lived in California, moving to New York and the whole city being obsessed with it had been the best feeling.

Of course this time of year you found difficult due to your mom passing, but your wonderful family filled the hole in your heart.

Cris was turning into a very intelligent, but wild child, and was definitely an protective older sister. She definitely took after Bucky in the siblings department.

"Right Crissy, we gotta get you into bed before Santa comes and sees that you're still awake!" Bucky exclaimed, scooping his oldest daughter into his arms as she let out a squeal.

The almost four year old had now completely grasped the concept of Christmas, and you knew for a fact that she would have the whole family awake by 6am to open all of her presents.

"Daddy." She pouted, trying to wriggle out of his grasp, which she successfully did, and fell to the floor with a loud thump — and a giggle, "I haven't left the cookies out for Santa yet! Santa won't come if we don't leave out any cookies."

Bucky shared a glance with you, and you just laughed and shrugged.

"Do we even have any cookies?" He whispered in your ear, terrified of the possibility he could disappoint his daughter.

"I hid some at the back of the cupboard." You sent him a mischievous grin.

"Hid them?" He asked, "Why?"

"Because if I don't, then you eat them all, and then we don't have any left for Santa, duh." You placed a kiss on his cheek and wrapped your arms around his waist while you watched Cristina scurry away to try and find the cookies you hid in the cupboard.

Bucky placed a kiss on your shoulder, and leant his chin on your shoulder.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." You smiled at him. "That was really random, something on your mind?"

"Just that I'm really happy." He spun you around to kiss you on the lips, leaning his forehead against yours, "About everything, about you, Cris, and it's Ellas first Christmas, and everything is so perfect."

You felt yourself tear up, even after nearly 6 years this man still managed to make you emotional.

He slid his arm around your shoulders and pulled you close until Cris ran back with the cookies.

"Mommy I found them!" She showed a toothy grin as she held up the packet of cookies.

"Let's get a few on a plate, yeah?" You asked, walking into the kitchen.

As you placed some cookies on a plate for your daughter, your other daughter began to cry from the nursery.

"Buck?"

"I'm on it." He replied before quickly rushing off to grab Ella, returning with her bundled up in her arms.

"I was gonna put her back down to sleep, but I thought she might like to help set up for Santa with her big sister." Bucky grinned, holding Ella in one hand and ruffling Cris' hair with his other.