twenty three

"Bucky, shit!" You panicked as you grew closer and closer to the front of the queue at security, "The passports!"

"Right here, sweetheart." He replied, passing you the passport you thought you had left at home. "Sorry, I noticed you left it on the dresser as I was doing the last sweep of your apartment to make sure we didn't leave anything, I meant to give it to you in the uber but it must've slipped my mind."

You smiled and bit on the inside of your lip slightly, this man was fucking perfect and you couldn't understand what took you so long to realise it.

Since Bucky had stayed overnight at your place a few weeks ago, he had slept over more often, however whether there was actually much sleeping is debatable. He didn't stay over every night. Days where he felt like he had a bad day, or days where was upset about something etc, he would go back to his own place as he knew he was more prone to nightmares on days like that.

You were yet to be with Bucky when he had one of his nightmares, and it upset you that he had to go through that so often, but he had spoken about how being around you so much has helped him and he feels like being around you has had a positive impact on his mental health. The fact that you had impacted his life in such a way made you shed a tear or two, and then Bucky thought that he had made you upset, before you informed them that you were just slightly emotional because you had no idea you had affected him so much.

You and Bucky were currently at the airport to travel to California, where you'd meet up with your dad at the airport in Los Angeles. Your mom hadn't been feeling up to leaving the house lately, the doctors from the hospital were doing their checks with her at her house. They had stopped treating her for the cancer, they didn't feel like it was helping at all, the cancer was still spreading, so your mom had made the decision to stop treatment completely. Of course this wasn't stopping her from living her life, on the days she felt like she could, she would be out doing her daily tasks just like she normally would.

"You're nervous." You laughed slightly.

Bucky was at the window seat on the plane, staring out of the window into space and bouncing his leg up and down like crazy.

"How'd you tell?" He asked sarcastically, with a chuckle.

You moved your hand to rest on his thigh and rested your head on his shoulder.

"It's gonna go fine, Buck. " You reassured, "Its not like you haven't met my parents before, and we facetime mom all the time."

"Yeah, but last time I met them we weren't actually dating."

Despite your hand on his leg, his knee was still jittering like crazy.

"Hey, look at me." You pulled your head off of his shoulder and placed the palm of your hand to pull his face to meet yours.

His eyes locked with yours, and you formed a soft smile.

"You're the most incredible man I've ever met, I'm so lucky, and my parents agree with that. I don't know if you've noticed but my parents are head over heels for you, I've never seen them approve of one of my relationships so much, and to be honest if my mother wasn't married I honestly think she'd be hitting on you herself. Anyways what I'm trying to say is that there's nothing to be worried about, your enough for me, your way more than enough for me, to me you're perfect and if that's what I think, then my parents 100% agree with that opinion."

"I'm the luckiest guy in the world, ya' know that?" He smiled lovingly. "I don't know what I done to deserve you."

You gave a teary smile and pulled him in to kiss you, you were pleased no one was on the third seat of the airplane row, or that would have been incredibly awkward.