ten

You took Buckys hand without thinking twice about it, and led him into the restaurant.

Although Bucky definitely thought twice about it, he couldn't help but notice how perfectly your hand fit into his, and how damn soft your hands were, the way your fingers intertwined with his so elegantly- For fucks sake he had to stop thinking about your hands.

"Y/N? Is that you?"

The blonde emerged from behind the door the lead to the kitchen, his Sokovian accent as clear as ever, and his ever present grin plastered on his face.

"Piet!" You smiled, pulling your friend into a hug.

"What are you doing here?" He asked surprisedly, "It's the middle of the night!"

"Yeah, I know, I know." You grinned.

"That isn't fair, you never let me take you out in the middle of the night, how come this guy gets special treatment."

You laughed and rolled your eyes.

"Oh!" Pietro suddenly let out, "Hello! I'm so rude, sorry for not introducing myself sooner, I'm Pietro."

Bucky shook his hand firmly, you know, that weird thing men do.

"I'm Bucky." He smiled.

Buckys smile was slightly forced, but no one had to know that.

Pietro led you and Bucky to a table and much to the brunettes surprise, sat down with you.

Being the owner had its perks, you could take breaks and sit with your friends without anyone telling you not to... Well until duty called of course.

"So, how did you manage to get Y/N to go out? In college she would make sure we were back on campus by 8.30pm, because she's always been a grandma inside." He smirked.

You tensed up, you didn't want Bucky to tell him anything, and luckily Bucky caught onto this, and covered for you.

"We just felt like ice cream. The place I was going to is closed down, so instead of heading back home Y/N suggested we come here."

"Ice cream, of course we have ice cream, we have the best ice cream." The blonde insisted.

"Alright then, Piet, show us whatcha got."

Pietro gave a joke salute, and wandered off to the kitchen to come up with an ice cream creation.

You turned back to Bucky with a soft smile on your face, one that he gladly returned.

"So, you two go to college together?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah, we did." You said with a smile as you remember all of your times in college together. "We both went to college in California and then we both moved here."

"He seems nice."

"He's amazing- We've been through so much together, I love him."

Bucky felt a pang of jealousy course through his veins. He felt awful for feeling this way, tonight was supposed to be for cheering her up, making her feel better. But of course Bucky had to go about feeling like a jealous high schooler.

"So, were you guys in the same classes or something?"

"Not really, we kinda just met?" You tried to explain, "We hit it off really fast and became really close super quickly- which was really weird because I'm crap at opening up to new people, Pietro just had something about him though... I don't know, it's difficult to explain, we just connected, y'know?"