six

You tossed and turned in your bed the night after the wedding for two reasons; because of a killer hangover from way too many shots and because of him.

One minute you were mad at Bucky, and the next you weren't, you couldn't help but put yourself in his shoes and know that you would definitely have done it to him if it was the other way around.

However agreeing with Bucky, infront of your mom, was so unlike you. But it had happened now and especially after agreeing to fake it to Buckys father there was no turning back.

You knew how rough it was with Bucky and his dad at the moment and how Bucky was fed up with him attempting to control every aspect of his life.

You and Bucky may not get along, but at least it was common decency to help him, maybe even help their relationship. No one deserved to have a shitty relationship with their parents, and you knew how lucky you were to have an amazing relationship with your mom and dad. And after hearing snippets of their conversation Bucky had with him on the phone the other day, it broke your heart knowing Bucky couldn't share the same parental love you did.

You didn't know anything about his mom, though. In the short time you had known him he had never mentioned her, but then again you hadn't mentioned your parents either.

Sometime in the darkness of that night you fell asleep, the worries of what have I done still running through your head.

You awoke to the usual sounds from your large airy apartment, the loud NYC traffic outside your window, birds chirping from the few trees in the area and construction work going on a few doors down. However that's not all the sounds you heard, after properly waking up you could hear your television on from the living room, and you lived alone so there was no roommate who could have turned it on and you knew for sure that when you got home last night you had went straight to bed without watching anything, so there was someone definitely in your house.

"Hello?" You shouted as you slipped out of bed and threw a robe around you, walking towards the living room.

"Y/N, finally. It's nearly 1PM I've been waiting on you waking up for ages."

A sigh of relief came when you realised who was in your house and not some random that had broken in during the night.

"Nat, what are you doing here? You should be with Steve." You rolled your eyes, "You have a flight to catch"

Nat and Steve were leaving for their honeymoon that day, at first they thought about leaving a few days after the wedding so they had some time to decompress, but they couldn't get a flight on the days they wanted so had no choice but to leave the day after the wedding.

"I'm gonna be with Stevie for the next two and a half weeks, so I'm using this time to come and visit my best friend." She smiled. "Oh and also to ask you to housesit."

"Housesit?" You asked.

"Steve is paranoid about 'leaving the house on its own' like it's our kid or something, so if you could go by every few days and watch TV for an hour or something so the neighbours think someone is in the house it would make Steve feel a lot better."

"Yeah of course, that's no problem. I still have a key to your apartment so it should be all good." You grinned.

"Where is Steve anyways?"

"Packing I think, he was still sleeping when I left."

In all honesty you were glad she asked, you loved Steve and Nats apartment. They had a better TV than you and their sofas were 100x more comfortable.