Prologue

They always say the universe works in mysterious ways. Some may say that's the case for Reaper, but very few people know the truth behind it. It was a mix of numerous factors that brought Reaper and Geno together. And now you will become one who knows this secret.

Gaster sat in another one of Asgore's meetings that assembles all the gods and goddesses together. He wasn't really listening to the King of the Gods, he was only repeating what Gerson had said only hours ago. This God of Magic felt that something was off. He glances around at all the other gods or goddesses seated at the table. His gaze fell on one of his creations or whome he likes to call his son, Sans. He was not acting like himself. No snarky comments, no smile, no funny behavior during Asgore's speeches, nothing like his usual self. He just sat there resting his head on his hand with a frown on his face. Very quiet and just looking empty inside. Completely unlike him. And it concerned him.

When the meeting ended, he decided to do something about it. He called his other "son", Papyrus, over.

"Papyrus,"He said,"What is wrong with your brother? He's not acting like himself."

"Well, you and the other gods have been slamming us and our schedules with more souls to reap than usual. Especially his in comparison to mine. He hardly gets a break from reaping across the multiverse to relax or rest, let alone have a life outside of his job. I get that we were created to be gods of death, but we deserve to have a life outside of it just like the others. And it's really starting to get to Sans. No offense, but for a God of Balance, you really didn't give his life a balance between work and non-work activities. He's starting to feel isolated lately since whenever he takes a chance to socialize too, he either gets into trouble or gets snapped at. The only people that we really meet are people we have to kill after all and they don't exactly greet us with open arms or its all of you for the quite boring meetings. He only really socializes with me and Life on a rare occasion. Plus then there's the fact that he can't touch anything without killing it. I think those factors are getting to him."Papyrus explained

Gaster thought for a moment, realizing how true his words are. The other gods and goddesses could be quite impulsive and then his sons would have to clean up after them. Like Toriel or Life would create more living beings and Muffet would give them good fortune of course in various ways. Butthen they decide it's too much life, his sons would get more souls to reap under their orders to keep the balance. And they could forget about resting when Undyne decides out of nowhere for wars to start in the multiverse so she could have some fun but then only minutes later wants peace. Cause who has to collect all those souls in the bloodshed? The two of them. The rest don't seem to take them into account when making these decisions and forget that his sons have lives outside of their jobs. But instead the two are stuck working while the rest party and whatnot.

"Can you give me his list? Maybe I could do something about it."Gaster said

Papyrus grins, handing him his brother's list. Then Gaster disappeared into his room where he monitors the balance in the multiverse. Different orbs floated around the room, showing different spots of the multiverse. He could see Ink and Error fighting among the Star Sanses and Nightmare's gang again, AUs getting created or destroyed in one place, Blue making tacos at home and the classic timeline having a pacifist route in another place. He unrolled the list and it was VERY LONG. He could tell based on the color of the names who put the names there.

"Dear multiverses, Undyne has to chill out!"He muttered to himself, seeing that a majority of the list was written by Undyne while minorly written by the other gods and goddesses

He skims through the list, trying to find someone fit for the role he has in mind. Then a name caught his eye. He scrolled through the orbs to loacate this person and checked the records to learn as much as he could about them. He never heard of someone like them. Then again, with a multiverse so big, would he have without specific searches? Probably not. He didn't know why, but he felt like this person and his son could have a good connection. But that didn't matter to Gaster at the moment. Now he moved onto step two:Connect the two. He opened two special documents and a soul appeared from each of them. He made a string between the two to ensure that they will someday connect and their souls glowed as a reaction. He also took into account Reaper's gift and set a spell on the other soul to protect them. He wasn't going to let his son's deadly touch ruin the plan that he put in place. And just like that, a new story started with these two. His son Sans aka Reaper and the name on the list......

Geno.

Now he just had to be as subtle as possible to make sure his son actually follows his secret plan

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hey Paps?"Reaper says a few days later

"Yeah?"Papyrus says

"Who had my list last?"He asks

"Oh, ummm....I gave it to Gaster a few days ago. Why? DId he extend it?"Papyrus replies

"No, quite the opposite. He reduced it. But he also edited one. Do you know why this name is underlined and has arrows pointing to it from all directions?"He asks, pointing to a name surrounded with markings

Geno was written in all caps in red, bold letters and underlined multiple times with multiple arrows.

"I don't know...Maybe it's important?"Papyrus says

He shrugs.

"Alright then."He says without much thought or care

Having so much work 24/7 without breaks really took a toll on him.

Papyrus looks past his brother to see Gaster peeking around the corner and fist pumping the air in victory.

"Real subtle, Gaster."He thought sarcastically,"Real subtle."

And little did any of them really know what tale would start from Gaster's plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBC