Chapter 24: A Collector's Gem Deals

Reaper's POV weeks later

I frown, sitting beside the bed and waiting. I watch over Geno as he rests. He hasn't woken up once.

"Geno...Please wake up. You have to wake up..."I say

I check his stats and see that his soul wasn't there. What...? But how?

Then his body fades away.

"Geno..."I mutter

I slump back in my chair, the reality of it all sinking in.

Weeks earlier...

I marched through Mettaton's "temple" and after hours of searching, I find of all people, The Collector. He looked at me with a grin. I only frowned, disgusted at the sight of him. Who knew that he had the same taste as Mettaton's.

"Why hello there, Reaper. This must be my lucky day since I've already met Geno to add to my collection."He said

"Where is he? I want him back now!"I snapped at him

"Hmm...He could be around here for now...But you could get him back if you give something for me to collect instead."He said with a smirk

*For now?* I had thought. *What's that supposed to mean? Oh...What could I do to give to get him back safe?*

"What do you want?"I asked

"I'll just take it."He said, digging a syringe into my arm

Something was pulled out of me and I feel the energy get sucked out of me. He put the substance in a weird vial and smiled.

"I'll see what I can do."He said, leaving afterwards.

I felt much weaker and had to sit down. A few minutes passed before I got a call.

"Sans? You there?"One of Mettaton's followers said on the other side

"Yeah..What is it?"I asked

"I just dropped Geno off at your home...He really just wanted to go home...You can go there! He is safe!"He said

I smiled and went home. I had to get Mettaton to get me home because I found that my powers were gone...Mostly. I was so eager to see Geno. But instead I found food set on a table, videos set up on a computer and the bedroom door shut. I went to the door to find it locked and he wouldn't answer my shouts. I busted the door down to find that he was laying there, two rings on his fingers.

Nothing that I did could wake him up and I had so many questions. What could The Collector have done to him? His bones were beautiful, yet cracked and breaking under the wounds. At the same time, it seems to be preserving him. He wore the necklace and it twinkles just as much as the rings. The rings confused me. Was it something with the outfits they forced him to try or from The Collector? I sat there waiting for him to wake up, hoping for him to be okay. Within that waiting period, I saw an engraving on one of the rings while the other was completely silver and blank. It said: Reaper x Geno with hearts around the message. *Is that...a ring for us?* The thought crossed my mind and some fantasies along with it, but I shook it away to focus on his wellbeing.

A knock at the door knocked me out of my thoughts.

I go to the door and frown. His brother is here.

How do I explain this to him?