Chapter One:Meeting Death

Geno's POV

I sit alone at the save screen. The human had run off out of sight and I didn't care that much. I was just reading some books a friend named Blue gave me. Apparently there's a whole multiverse out there and I just live in an AU. I always suspected there was more out there, but I guess shutting myself out of the cycle of resets and timelines opened me up to knowing the world beyond there....Or at least that's what I understand. I honestly don't know much or how to feel about it since there is no way that I am able to leave this place and wouldn't know where to start out there. But it's nice to have a friend out there.

Blue of course visits and tries to explain things to me but things are so complicated that not even he can understands all of it. He told me the basics of it and giving me an idea of who I might be able to trust and who may be trouble as well as a description of each of them. He had just left a short while ago actually.

It was dead quiet and I had my skull in a book about something called Undernovela, which seemed quite interesting. Plus Blue said that if I ever encountered someone named Error, having knowledge of it may help me in this situation since he's a fan and we could bond. But then the silence is broken.

"Okay, let's meet this Geno guy that seems so important."A voice says

I turn around curiously looking for the owner of the voice. I see a skeleton in a black cloak holding a....scythe? He had no eyelights showing. I carefully approached the stranger, thinking that they might have been sent here by Blue or something.

"Hello there! I'm Sans but to prevent confusion you can call me Geno. Who are you?"I say, extending my hand

He blinks and jumps back in alarm.

"Are you alright?"I ask

He nods.

"I just uh.....am not a fan of being touched."He says

"Oh! Are you Error? You look different from what Blue described. I was just reading about UnderNovela though! You're a fan right?"I say, connecting the info to something Blue told me

"No no, that's someone else. I'm Reaper....You don't know who I am?"He says

"Well I just learned about a multiverse not too long ago so no, not exactly. Am I supposed to know you?"I reply

"Usually people scream and run from me.....How are you so open to me coming here?"He asks

"Don't have anything better to do stuck here."I say with a shrug

He notices the slash mark. I could see his gaze lingering down at it.

"That's from a genocide run."I say

He looks at me, seeming to examine my face. His gaze lingers on the glitches.

"Also from the genocide run."I say

He looks at me in surprise.

"Do you want to sit and chat, Reaper?"I ask

He looks at the paper in his hand and rips it in half.

"Was that important?"I ask

"No."He says, tossing his scythe aside

I look at him, a bit unsure about him. Blue said other "Sanses" may be weird and to give them a chance but this one seemed off. I shook my head, thinking that I'm being paronoid. We sat and talked for a bit and he seemed okay. After a little while he just....disappeared.

But he ended up coming back quite often. And everytime he did we'd bond more. I began to look forward for his visits. Beats staring at the save screen. Time seemed to pass so quickly with him. He would joke and make me laugh. He always seemed so cheerful and sweet when he visited. But he never told me why he originally came to my save screen. Or what he was planning to do with his scythe or that list. After a while I did not care and would just much rather listen to his jokes and funny stories instead.