Chapter 22:A New Glitch

"Geno...It feels so good to have you back."I hear the Reaperlings say

I smile as they lay around me, snuggling up on a peaceful afternoon. Everything has settled back into place the past few weeks. Reaper and I rebuilt our home and secured it better than before, not a single picture out of place. My phone had somehow managed to keep the memories in its files that were meant to be erased, so we simply printed or remade the photos to spread around the house. And we changed the layout of the house from before. We now sleep together in a single bed and snuggling more instead of having everything set apart like Reaper originally arranged. We still have respectable boundaries, but we've grown closer and those boundaries aren't as tough anymore. Right now Reaper is in a meeting after reaping with the Reaperlings all day, so he sent them home. I was just randomly flipping through pages of a book. The house is clean and dinner is in the oven so I am just relaxing. I glance at the clock to see it getting closer to six o'clock.

I hear chirping with a louder squawk and look outside to see a pair of birds looking in from a window. A cardinal and a red parrot specifically. They both flap their wings, their eyes glowing a bright orange once I noticed them. The ravens glance over from their perches around the room, noticing them. The hedgehogs and panthers raise their heads curiously. The cardinal just sat at the windowsill, watching quietly. I smile at it, having just read the symbolism of birds and knowing the little red bird is a sign of a sweeter message, and a comforting one when it comes to loss of others. I grip Papy's scarf gently. The parrot cocks its head, looking at me carefully.

"Squawk! Hello Sans! SquAwK! We wish you well. And so does our Creator. Squawk! So good to see you happy!"The parrot says before flying off

The cardinal follows behind it.

The Reaperlings look at each other with a shocked look or confused glances.

"Did anyone else sense something weird from those birds?"One of the panthers ask

The rest nod.

"What is it?"I ask

"Umm...We'll go check with Life before we assume anything."The ravens say, flying off

A few minutes after they left, I hear the oven ding. I get up from the snuggle-pack with the panthers or hedgehogs and go to check it. I open the oven with some gloves just as I hear the front door close.

"Something smells really good."Reaper's voice says

"Heh, welcome home, Reaper."I say, setting dinner on the table

He sets his scythe down at the door and smiles. The Reaperlings welcome him as I pour them some dinner into their bowls. I straighten back up again and feel a kiss on my head while they dug in. I smile up at Reaper.

"Where are the ravens?"He asks

"They took off to speak to Life about something."I say

I fill their bird feeders and hear him pull a chair out. We sit down and eat.

"So how was your day, Geno?"He asks

"Good. Did the same routine as the past few days. Read some books and looked at some quizzes in the newspaper. Even the Reaperlings gave their input."I say with a chuckle

"Oh, and what conclusion did they come to?"He asks, munching on a piece of food from his fork

I glance to the panthers and hedgehogs.

"Hello Aladdeen!"They cheer

"Huh?"He says

"Okay so the quiz was relationship focused and it was asking which character from Disney is your partner most like?"One hedgehog says