𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 || 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭

【ADMIN NOTE】

✎ Two chapters in one day. I felt extra motivated to write today :) 

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

█ 15%

██ 30%

███ 45%

████ 60%

█████ 75%

██████ 100%

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

'Ben' began his advance towards me. I was anticipating that I'd be shoved or pushed harshly into a random direction, so I flinched. However, to my avail, that didn't seem to be the case.

Instead, a pale hand was held out in front of me to shake, "Name's Ben, nice to meet ya," his smirk still plastered on his expression.

I was hesitant towards his friendliness. Surely this was a facade. But, just to be appreciative of the change in treatment, I enclosed my hand with his, firmly giving it a shake, "I'm Y/n."

"Pretty pog name," he placed his hands on his hips, his smirk never faltering. Seemed like that was a signature thing.

And...pog? How is he aware of Gen Z slang? So far, none here seemed to have a slither of sense of humor. While it was unsettling, it was comforting knowing someone with humor.

"Ugh, are you one of those people who don't know what pog is? That's not really poggers," he playfully rolled his eyes.

"Oh no, I for sure know what pog is. I'm just surprised to meet someone here caught up with modern humor. Seems like everyone here doesn't know how to joke around so I was just surprised," I found myself matching his signature smirk.

[Headcanon: Ben is caught up with modern slang and humor as a result of his job as the technology/cybersecurity specialist. It serves to helps him blend in] 

He placed a finger to his chin, "ahh I see. Yes, it seems I'm the only one who knows how to be funny. But, the others do know how to joke around. It's very rare though. I'm a specialist, and what my job entails kinda requires me to be caught up with modern slang," he explained.

"Yeah, I figured, " I placed a hand on my hip. "You're the technology dude EJ was telling me about then," I recalled, snapping my finger to point at him.

"Yup that's me!" He pointed a thumb at his chest, displaying pride. "Glad you got EJ to talk to you. He's typically very closed off," he stated.

"Really? He seemed very open and friendly." That's the impression I got from him at least. Perhaps it's due to everyone else being an asshole. I wouldn't want to open up to a bunch of assholes either.

"Anywho, follow me!" He exclaimed, turning on his heels down the hallway.

Then, this carbon copy of Link starts hovering. Literally hovering. His feet ascended off of the ground, and he casually began floating.

I'm having an internal debate of whether to be staggered by this or just brush it off because, at this point, I should always be anticipating the unexpected. Plus, if I was entailed by that ability, I would show it off as well. Walking does tend to be tedious compared to flying.