13 (Alec)

That bastard stole my wallet!

Growling, I scare the living day lights out of the cashier. She waits for me to step forward to pay for the Coke, so I check my jacket pockets. Ah, there's three dollars in loose change. Perfect. I pay the young girl, and leave.

Opening the bottle of refreshing fizziness, I take a deep drink. While I wait for a bus to drive past so I can cross the road, I contemplate killing Leo, if I ever see him again. Shaking my head, I cross the road and enter the Institute. Slipping in the door, it seems quiet. Listening carefully, I can just distinguish pants and the thud of a seraph blade hitting the targets. Must be Jace. He never stops.

I move slowly and quietly through the Institute. Nearing the kitchen, I hear muffled voices. Pushing the door open, Izzy, Clary and Nico are chatting at the table. Seeing me, Clary waves me over. Plonking down in a chair, I wait for Nico to finish speaking.

"My wallet was stolen." I announce when he does finish. Izzy laughs.

"How did someone rob you?" I scowl at her and she laughs again.

"It's a long story."

"Well go on." Clary laughs. Sighing, I down a large mouthful of my drink before setting it down and wiping my mouth.

"Well I met this guy." Izzy's eyes widen and she sits forwards. "He was called Leo. We chatted for a while and then we went and had lunch together. We hung out, watched a movie. Then, when he said goodbye to me, he slapped my butt and ran off. He met up with a pair of twins with brown hair and they disappeared. Then when I went to get a Coke, my wallet was gone! And it was in my back pocket. Luckily I had some change in my pocket." Nico surprises us all by growling. His eyes are black with fury, and as I turn to him in shock he curses in Italian.

"Cazzo di lui! Who the fuck does he think he is? The motherfucker better have a good fucking reason, or I swear to Hades..." We all just stare at him. He continues, reverting back to Italian. "I'm going to kill Valdez, and the Stolls too! Derubare mortali innocenti . Beh , peccato per loro , perché ho scoperto e ho intenzione di dire Chiron su di loro scumbags!" He notices us looking at him and scowls, showing off his dimples. "I'm going out. Don't expect me back before dark." Then he storms off. I hear the front door slam, and look at the the girls.

Izzy giggles unexpectedly. "Well, he obviously knows Leo." Clary giggles too, and I eventually smile.

***

It's 10 pm and Nico still isn't back. I'm starting to get worried. I wait in my room, occasionally looking at my phone.

10:30.

Come on Nico.

10:45

Hurry up.

11:00

I hope he's okay.

11:15

Fuck it I'm going to sleep.

11:30

I'm just about to drift off when I hear the doorbell ring.
Sighing, I rise from my bed and make my way to the door. Nico stands there, dripping wet from the rain that is currently pouring down.

"Here's your wallet." His tone is oddly calm.

"Um... Thanks." He nods briefly, and is about to walk past me when I voice a question.
"What did you do to Leo?" The snarl on his face makes me regret I ever asked.

"He- Well, let's just say he won't be bothering mortals anymore." He says, slowly and deliberately. The implications of what he's done frighten me slightly. But looking at him, wet shirt showing off his abs, all I wonder is if he has any other clothes. Although, with those muscles showing, I wouldn't mind if he stayed like this.

"Nico, do you want me to lend you a shirt?" He considers it and then nods. "Follow me."

Nico follows me to my room and waits in the bathroom until I have a decent shirt for him to wear.

"Nico, I have the shirt here." He comes out of the bathroom, shirtless.

"I left my shirt in the bathroom. I thought it'd be less messy that way." I can't gather my wits enough to answer as I stare at his six-pack, imagining what it would feel like to touch them, and hoping that he doesn't wear the shirt. He takes a step forward and reaches for the shirt. I childishly move it back, still staring at his beautiful body. He suddenly looks self conscious, turning away slightly to hide. Then he seems to make a decision and whirls back around to me.

"Oh fuck it." Before I question that, he does something that surprises me half to death.

I stumble backwards, falling on to the bed, as Nico's lips meet mine.

A/N *insert evil face here* Next step, world domination!

Lol jk. But I'm pretty evil. This is almost an Uncle Rick cliffhanger!

Next chapter is the finale and then there's the epilogue. And then it's done! I'm so excited. Ily all for coming along this journey with me, and even if you just joined our big happy family ily all as well!!

Anyways, ily but now I'm off to enjoy a lovely warm bath after an hour and a half of netball training in the freezing rain!

-Apollo