6 (Alec)

"Fine. I'm a Shadowhunter-" He cuts me off.

"A what?" I'm irritated.

"A Shadowhunter. A hunter of demons."

"So... Are demons like our monsters? Do they keep on coming back from Tartarus but the hunters... Die and stay dead?

"Well yeah. We are half angel. The proper name is-" He cuts me off once again.

"Nephilim." He breathes. I wait for him to continue, but he's caught up in his own little reverie.

"Um... Yes. How did you know?" I snap him out of his daze.

"Oh- It was in the Labyrinth... Oh I'll just show you!" He puts his hand over my face...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand by eleven year old Nico's side. He starts, and a ghost floats out of the shadows.

"Ah, Minos. I sense a monster up ahead. A powerful one too."

"There is. And I'm afraid I can't help you with that. I will be no use, unfortunately for you." I can tell that the ghost has bad intentions. Now I know what Nico meant by a bad influence guiding him. Nico nods, seeming satisfied.

"Well begone! I have no wish for you to get in the way!" I swear that the ghost pouts before leaving. Nico approaches cautiously. A demon springs out. He had an extremely thin body with a disproportionately large head. His dappled skin gleamed, somehow, considering it's dark and gloomy. I've never seen nor heard of this demon. Nico looks confused.

"You aren't from Greek Mythology!" The demon smirks

"Quite right. Nor Roman, Egyptian, Asian, or Christian. I am Drekavac." Nico's guard falters momentarily. Drekavac notices this but doesn't attack.

"Then where are you from?" Drekavac's smirk widens

"Slavic Mythology. I am the demon of dead children. And that is precisely why I'm here. You are a child. And you will very shortly be dead." Nico growls and attacks. The demon laughs, and with a lazy flick of his wrist deflects it. Nico tries to get past Drekavac's guard, but with a bit of adroit footwork Nico is pinned against the wall with a short colourless blade probably made of diamond, pressed against his neck. He tries to move to the side but is met by a tiny sunset coloured dagger stuck about an inch in from the hip. Drekavac laughs.

"I should kill you now, but I feel like playing with my food." Nico grunts in pain as the demon produces a long thin scalpel and drags it across his neck. Drekavac smirks widely again.

"At least your sister didn't suffer like you will." Nico stops struggling and stares at him in horror.

"Y-You killed her?"

"Well no... I just influenced her thoughts and made her go into that robot that killed her." Nico growls deep in his throat and springs. He goes to strike the demon but it catches his wrist.

"Really? If the Nephilim can't kill me, then an angry eleven year old can't."

"Nephilim?"

"The half angel hunters that hunt demons like me. And they can't so you certainly can't." Nico swings up with his other hand and catches the demon in the gut. I don't know what his sword's made of, because that wouldn't kill a demon if it was seraph blades. The demon starts to dissolve into ash. Nico sinks against the wall.

"He killed Bianca..." He muttered before passing out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico's deep in thought after the vision ends. Poor guy. He went through so much at such a young age. And that demon... I resolve to ask Maryse later. But his sister... He was only ten, eleven when she died an-

"I still have those scars, you know." Nico startles me.

"What?" He sighs.

"The scars. From the demon. I still have them." He tugs the collar of his shirt aside. There it is. The scar is still red and it looks fairly fresh, although it must be at least three years old. As if reading my thoughts, Nico says,

"They never healed properly. They took at least a year to even close over properly." I move almost unconsciously, lifting his shirt to reveal the other scar.

"That one took forever to close over." Nico says, seeming uncomfortable. I touch it gently, and he gasps in pain.

"I-It still hurts when someone touches it. Will, he tried to heal them, but they just wouldn't."

"Nico I-" I'm cut off by Izzy slamming the door open.

"Sorry lovebirds, but Jace wants to see Alec, and Simon'll eat all the food if you're not careful." Lovebirds? I draw away from Nico immediately. Does she think- No, she can't.

"Okay Iz. Can you help me stand?" She rushes over and between them Nico and her help me out of the bed.

"Can I have a wheelchair?" I ask, only half joking. Isabelle directs Nico to grab the wheelchair that we have in case of a bad wound. I settle into it and lead the way to the kitchen.

A/N I would've made it longer, but I'm going to see my new baby cousin. Oh and by the way, according to Wikipedia, Nephilim are evil spawn of angels and humans. It's kinda interesting to compare that to the Nephilim in TMI.
-Apollo