5 (Alec)

"First things first. The Greek gods are real." My mouth drops open in shock.

"B-But t-they... What?" Nico scowls at this.

"Can you not interrupt me?"

"Fine. Just tell the story."

"Okay, so... The Greek gods are alive and kicking in New York. Sometimes they come down to earth and have children with mortals and-"

"Mortals?"

"Normal people. Without any powers. Like... Well... You're not a mortal are you?" Should I tell him? Well... He is telling me all about the Greek gods. I think he can be trusted.

"No. I'll tell you after this explanation." He nods, satisfied.

"Okay so... Sometime they come down to earth and have children with mortals and they are called demigods. Their children have certain powers according to what their parent's a god or goddess of. For example, I'm the son of Hades, god of the Underworld and death, and I can raise the dead. My friend Percy is a son of Poseidon, god of the sea, and he can control water. My-My-" He visibly shudders. Before I say anything he speaks again. "My ex is a son of Apollo, god of the sun, archery, music, poetry, and healing, and he is a good healer. His siblings are good archers, or singers or whatever. Around the age of twelve, monsters start attacking the demigod. That's when satyrs, half goat men-" I cut him off.

"Nico, I know Greek Mythology. You don't need to explain everything." He looks grateful, but doesn't comment and continues telling his story.

"That's when satyrs are sent out to escort the young demigods to Camp Half Blood, a camp for demigods, or half bloods. There they are taught about their ancestry and how to fight and everything. They stay in cabins with their half siblings. After WWII, the Big Three, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, made a pact not to have any more demigod children. Now, Hades had already had my sister B-Bianca, and I. Zeus ordered him to hand us over for 'proper training', but Hades refused. In return, Zeus blasted the hotel where we were staying with lightning. My mother had gone upstairs, but Hades managed to protect my sister and I. However, my mother was dead. Hades wiped our memories and put us in a magical casino where time stood still inside, but went on as normal outside. We stayed in there for 70 years, not ageing, before my father sent Alecto, one of his Furies, to get us out. We then went to a military school, where Percy Jackson, his now girlfriend Annabeth Chase, and Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus found us. The headmaster, Dr Thorn, turned out to be a manticore who tried to kill us all, and he would've if the Hunters of Artemis hadn't intervened. The manticore grabbed Annabeth and jumped off a cliff. We went back to Camp, Artemis left to hunt a dangerous monster, her lieutenant got a quest to find her when she got into danger, Percy tagged along, but he promised that he would protect my sister, who went. The prophecy said:
Five shall go west to the goddess in chains
One shall be lost in the land without rain
The bane of Olympus shows the trail
Campers and hunters combined prevail
The Titan's curse one must withstand
And one shall perish by a parent's hand
And Percy... Well... My sister died in the desert; the 'land without rain'. When Percy came back... Well, I was ten, and all I knew was that Percy hadn't kept his promise. I got angry at him and then these skeleton warriors attacked, and I made a gigantic crack in the floor and killed them. That's how they found out who my godly parent was. I ran away from Camp, and found an entrance into the Labyrinth. The same Labyrinth that was used to keep the Minotaur. It just kept on growing and growing. It was like a second skin. I had terrible guidance. The ghost of Minos. He was seeking revenge, and so he led me astray. I found what happened to my mother, and I hadn't known until then. I talked to Bianca again." Seeing the look in my face he says,

"Remember, I'm the son of Hades. Anyways, a bunch of stuff happened, Percy convinced me to fight for them in the war against Kronos, which is what all this was about, blah blah blah. I came to the rescue with an army of skeleton warriors. After the war, my welcome wore thin. I took this as a sign to leave again. I wandered and then I found the Roman version of Camp Half Blood. Camp Jupiter. It turns out that the gods, both Greek and Roman versions, were real. I became a part of Camp Jupiter. I met my Roman half sister, Hazel. Percy had gotten his memory wiped by Hera, who switched him with the praetor of Camp Jupiter, Jason, who also had his memory wiped. A bunch of stuff happened, Percy went back to Camp Half Blood, seven demigods went on a quest because Gaia was rising. I thought that as a son of Hades I could survive Tartarus. I went through it alone. When I got out I got captured by giants. I survived on a pomegranate seed a day. The Seven rescued me, then Annabeth fell into Tartarus. Percy grabbed her, but couldn't hold on. They both fell. Before they fell, Percy made me promise to guide the others to the House of Hades, a temple to Hades in Greece. I did and we got them back through the Doors of Death, which opened into Tartarus on one side, and the House of Hades on the other. We got the Athena Parthenos and it needed to get back to Camp Half Blood. I volunteered to shadow-travel it back. It's a thing I can do, being a son of Hades. I basically travel through the shadows. Anyway, Reyna, the other praetor of Camp Jupiter, and Coach Hedge, a satyr obsessed with killing things, volunteered to go with me. I became exhausted, and started dissolving into shadows, even in broad daylight. We finally reached Camp Half Blood. There was a massive war, we won and then my ex, Will Solace, the head of the Apollo Cabin, assigned me to three days of bed rest in the infirmary. It was supposed to help me, but it didn't, we started dating, and Will got more and more worried. He told me that he heard of warlock in downtown New York. After he explained what a warlock was, I agreed to going there for treatment. That warlock, as I'm sure you've guessed, was Magnus. We broke up because I found out that he was cheating with me. And I found out when I took you there that he cheated on me with Magnus. I took you there because I thought that he would be able to help you, as he helped me." My jaw drops.

"Nico... Magnus is my ex. He cheated on me, too. With your boyfriend." Nico shrugs.

"You said you'd explain to me. What are you?" Ugh. It's such a long story. But then I guess his was longer.

"Fine. I'm a Shadowhunter..."

A/N A longer chapter this time. A long explanation too. Also, go follow Fangirls_Are_Crazy . It's my joint account with Lou_Ellen_ and -Rhea_The_Mother- . I have a plan for a new book on it.
-Apollo