7 (Alec)

"Can I have a wheelchair?" I ask, only half joking. Isabelle directs Nico to grab the wheelchair that we have in case of a bad wound. I settle into it and lead the way to the kitchen.

A thought hits me and I slow down. Izzy cuts in front of me and heads into the kitchen.

"Nico, do they know?" I make sure to lower my voice.

"Kinda. They know that I'm not a 'mundie', as you call them, but they don't know past that."

"Okay. Push me?" Nico sighs but manoeuvres me through the door.

"Oh look, Sleeping Beauty woke up." Clary punches Jace in the arm.

"Be nice Jace! He just came out of a coma!" Jace rolls his eyes.

"It wasn't a coma. He was just asleep." Clary crosses her arms.

"Yes it was. Shadowhunters don't just fall asleep for four days!"

"Well there was this one time after Izzy got fu-"

"JACE!" Clary yells. Nico rolls his eyes at their antics and pushes me to the table. He gives me a glass of juice then moves to the stove. The smell of frying bacon fills the air. He seems pretty at home here. From what he showed me he- Clary and Jace bickering breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Give me a piggyback Jace!" Clary pouts. At some point she'd jumped onto Jace's back.

"Get off woman!" Jace tries, unsuccessfully, to shake Clary off. Clary gets an evil glint in her eye and pulls out her stele. She draws a rune on his shoulder blade, but doesn't quite finish it. Izzy and Simon see the rune and start laughing. When Jace turns as he tries to shake her off, I spit my juice out. It's a Tickle rune. It's a rune that Clary discovered. Not many people know that Jace is extremely ticklish, but Clary does.

"Give me a piggyback to our room or I'll finish this Tickle rune." Clary threatens, waving her stele by his shoulder. Jace takes off at a sprint. Clary's laugh echoes down the hallway.

Nico slides a plate full of bacon and eggs in front of me. I'm about to take a bite of bacon when the sound of a door slamming shut fills the Institute.

"Well, looks like Clary won't be able to walk tomorrow." I choke on my bacon when Nico says that. Simon cracks up laughing. Isabelle swats his arm.

"It's hard not being able to walk when you're a Shadowhunter, you know!"

"I don't, but you certainly do." Izzy's mouth falls open in a perfect 'o'. She flicks her wrist and curls her whip around Simon's arm. She drags him out of the kitchen. Another door slams. She comes back in the kitchen, Simon-free.

"Do you have some spare bacon?" Nico wordlessly passes her a plate. She grins at him before darting out of the kitchen. Nico and I look at each other before cracking up.

***

After I eat the massive plate of food that Nico gave me, I grab a lot of chocolate and make Nico push me to the library.

"Why are we here?" Nico asks in awe, looking at all the books.

"To find out why I fainted." Of course that doesn't happen. I start throwing bits of chocolate at Nico and watching him catch it in his mouth. And that's how we spend the rest of the day, just goofing around.

A/N here's a short chapter with lots of Clace and a little bit of Sizzy. Deddy to _Lord_Hades_ for telling me, via Skype, where I got the demon's weapons from.
-Apollo