4 (Magnus)

Riiiiiiingggggggg!

Ugh, I hate that alarm clock.

Wait! That isn't my alarm clock that's...

"Will! Wake up! Someone's ringing the doorbell, and I have a bad feeling about it!" Will groans and sits up.

"Ugh fine. I'll get dressed while you answer it. Deal?" I'm already in the living room. I snap my fingers and I'm dressed, my hair perfect. I open the door to see... Nico? And in his arms...

"Is that Alec?" Nico nods curtly.

"What happened?" Will appears at my shoulder. Nico's face tightens at the sight of Will.

"What happened?" I echo Will's question. Nico sighs, and shifts Alec in his arms.

"It's a long story." Will and I look at each other.

"Come in." We says together. Nico frowns and pushes past us. He lays Alec gently on the couch.

"You talk to him, find out what happened. I'll heal Alec." Will whispers, and moves to Alec's side, ignoring Nico completely. I beckon Nico over and motion for him to take a seat.

"So, what happened?" I don't think he hears me, he's too preoccupied in checking on Alec. I wave my hand dismissively.

"Will will work his godly magic on him, don't worry. So, what happened?" He finally looks at me.

"I met Alec at a cliff. We spoke for a bit, then shook hands. He started to collapse almost immediately. I brought him here because I thought you could do something about it. But no, you leave it to my good-for-nothing cheat of an ex." The worst thing is, he speaks with no emotion. Will straightens up. I know he heard what Alec said.

"He just needs bed rest, once he wakes up. I would recommend taking him to the Institute." He sees Nico's look of confusion "It's where he lives. It has a glamour on it, not unlike the Mist." He waits for Nico to leave.

"Um... An address please?" Will starts to answer, but I cut him off.

"I'll go, and direct you past the glamour." Nico just shrugs. He leaves the apartment with no other comment. Will looks at me reproachfully.

"Sorry Will. You know it's my job as the High Warlock of Brooklyn to help anyone, my ex or not." I kiss him then head downstairs. Nico is standing by the open drivers window, talking to someone. That someone is talking in a weird language of clicks and... Does that noise even have a name? Is that a... French accent? This is really weird. Nico turns to me.

"This is Jules-Albert. He's my chauffeur." I get a good look at him when he speaks again.

"Yes, he is." Nico says, to Jules-Albert.

"H-He's a zombie!" I stutter.

"Yes he is. Well done for noticing." Sarcasm. "Get in the back with Alec, and be quiet." He hisses. I get in, after giving the address to the zombie chauffeur.

***

When we arrive at the Institute, Nico looks at it funny.

"It's like the Mist. Concentrate." His face brightens momentarily and he grabs Alec without another word and trudges up to the door. I go to catch up. When I do catch up, he's already at the door, ringing the doorbell. Isabelle answers. First thing she notices is, of course, me. She growls and brandishes her whip. Before she can hit me, I motion towards Alec, limp in Nico's arms. She gasps in relief and gives both Nico and Alec a hug, before directing Nico to the infirmary.

She looks back at me, a feral expression on her face.

"Magnus Bane, we have a lot to talk about. But I think I'll let my whip have the first word." She smiles evilly.

Oh shit.

A/N It was short, I know, but I hope you like it. And if course, GO IZZY!
-Apollo