1 (Alec)

I skulked along the alleyways of New York, following them until I got far enough away. I knew of one place, and that's where I was heading. I'd left a note for Izzy. She wouldn't come looking for me for at least 5 hours. That was plenty of time. It's a long walk, but that's good, because I have a lot to think about.

Magnus.

We'd had a major fight last night. I left, without resistance from him. He broke up with me!

---flashback---

"A-Alec..." Magnus, who was never nervous, never stuttered, was right here, doing just that. I felt myself getting anxious

"Yes?"

"Alec, I-I don't think t-that..." He wouldn't. He couldn't!

"Just spit it out already!" He seemed to gather strength from my anger. He looked me in the eye.

"Alexander, I don't think we should be together anymore." My jaw hung open. I began to speak, but he cut me off.

"We both know that your father doesn't approve of us, and neither does the Clave. Also..." He faltered.

"There's someone else, isn't there!" I was yelling by that time.

"Alexander..."

"No, Magnus! You're breaking up with me because of the Clave! Yeah right!"

"Alec..."

"It's never stopped you before! It IS someone else, isn't it?" Magnus wouldn't meet my eyes.

"Yes." He barely got the word out.

"Well then! Why didn't you just say so?" I busied myself packing my things, making sure I left no trace of myself. Magnus kept on trying to talk to me, but I just ignored him,.Only when I was ready to leave did I look at him.

"Goodbye, Magnus. I hope to never see you again." I meant to sound hostile, but my voice broke. I gave him a kiss and left. I didn't look back, ignoring the sound of him ringing someone else. Wait. Ringing someone else? I doubled back and hid by his open window. His voice floated out.

"Will? Yeah, I broke up with him. It was pretty hard. He yelled at me and left. Like, left left. He took all his stuff. How did your breakup with Nico go? Mmhmm..." The person on the other end of the line was talking. Magnus absentmindedly wandered over to the window and closed it. That was it. I ran back to the Institute and left my note for Izzy. I dumped my stuff and ran.

---end of flashback---

I'd finally reached my destination. It was a cliff, with a small park bench back from the edge. To my surprise, someone was already there. A boy, with black hair, and an olive complexion. I was dumbfounded. When the boy reached the very edge of the cliff I finally found my voice.

"You're not going to jump, are you?" The boy turned to look at me. I looked at his eyes. Black. So black. His cheekbone- He broke me out of my trance by speaking.

"No. Not me. What about you? Why'd you come here?" I debated silently on whether to tell him. Why not?

"I came here to think. I just broke up with my boyfriend." I waited for the inevitable judgment, maybe cruel remarks. He surprised me by laughing hollowly.

"Welcome to the club. What's your name?" What?

"Umm... I'm Alexander Lightwood, but everyone calls me Alec. Who are you?" He takes a hand out of where it's shoved into his pockets, and shakes my hand.

"Nico. Nico di Angelo."

A/N Hey! This is my first crossover fanfiction. Hope you enjoyed this first chapter! More to come soon! If you like Chaos stories, be sure to check out my book 'What Did We Do?' Yeah, I'm shamelessly self-promoting. What of it? Anyways, bye!
~Apollo