8 (Magnus)

Warning: Some cussing

I pace back and forth, waiting for news on Alec. Will sits on the couch, eating all my Skittles. His eyes follow me, growing increasingly annoyed.

"Magnuth-" He pauses, holds up a finger, and swallows.

"Magnus, he's your ex. Not your current boyfriend. That's me. If you care so much, go over to the Institute. Or come watch a movie with me." I know that if I keep worrying, it will annoy Will to no end. But I also know that if I go to the Institute, Isabelle will kill me. But I'm so worried!

I make my choice. "Will, I'm going to the Institute. If I'm not back in half an hour, presume me dead and come over." He sniggers. "I'm deadly serious. Alec's sister has it out for me." His face turns serious, and he grabs a bag of Cheetos. As I head out the door, I hear the familiar sound of a wrapper crinkling. "Don't eat all my food while I'm gone!" I call over my shoulder. I can practically feel him grinning behind my back.

***

Nervous, I take a deep breath before stepping forwards and ringing the doorbell. I wait for a couple minutes. No answer. I ring again. No answer. I ring for the third time, and after a couple minutes Isabelle opens the door, combing her tousled hair with her fingers and slipping on a jacket.

"Sorry, sorry. What can I help you wi-" She notices that it's me, and breaks off abruptly. A sadistic grin creeps across her face. She cracks her whip. I swear she didn't have that a second ago.

"What did I tell you, warlock?" Her voice is so full of venom, I visibly flinch.

"I wanted to see how Alec was doing." Her smirk widens.

"He's awake and well, no thanks to you. Now, WHAT DID I TELL YOU?" She lashes out with her whip. I wince as I feel the thick leather bite into my skin. "I told you not to come around again, didn't I?" She hits me again. I could fight back, but I deserve this. And she's scary when she's angry. Probably the scariest Shadowhunter I've ever met.

"DIDN'T I?" She lets loose with her whip. "YOU MOTHERFUCKING WARLOCK! YOU BROKE MY BROTHERS HEART! YOU HURT HIM BEYOND IMAGINING WHEN YOU DUMPED HIM FOR THE FUCKING BOY THAT YOU CHEATED ON HIM WITH! AND THAT DICKHEAD USED TO BE NICO'S BOYFRIEND UNTIL YOU STOLE HIM, YOU MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!" She continues with her tirade and her blows.

***

I stagger into my apartment, covered in lash marks. Will's sitting on the couch with a bucket of popcorn, watching a movie. His eyebrows raise as he takes me in.

"Dear gods. You really weren't joking about her having it out for you." I shake my head weakly, and almost collapse. Will rushes over to me, and helps me stand. I hiss in pain as he touches one of the lash marks.

"Okay buddy. Let's get you over to the couch so I can look at these wounds." He leads me over but I can't lay, or even sit, on it without hurting myself. Will huffs in frustration.

"Looks like you'll have to stand." I try to shrug, but every cut screams in pain. "Jeez. She ruined your clothes. They were new too, weren't they?" He's right. She cut my shirt to shreds, and my pants... Can probably be classified as just a piece of torn fabric now. Will darts to his suitcase that he still hasn't unpacked, and grabs an array of medical supplies. I stand there, in the middle of the room, dripping blood all over my carpet. Will tries to remove my shirt without hurting me too much, but ends up cutting it off with his knife. My cuts are pure agony as Will begins to clean them. He whistles.

"These cuts are gonna scar, and some will need stitches. What did she hit you with?" I struggle out of the red haze of agony that surrounds me to answer.

"Her whip..."

"Well she certainly knows how to handle one, that's for su-" He intakes air sharply through his teeth."What was on her whip?" I search my memories through the pain.

"A-Alec said that she soaks it in a special concoction the strengthen it, and to help it kill demons faster. I can't remember what it is though."

"I'm pretty sure it contains some sort of acid, judging by your back." He threads a needle and starts stitching the deeper cuts. When he's done, he applies some sort if cream, then bandages my torso so I can lay down with some degree of comfort. "Magnus? These cuts are pretty bad. Should I call another warlock? Maybe Catarina?"

"N-No. Don't call her..." Is the last thing I say before I black out from the pain.

A/N Why do you think that Magnus doesn't want Will to call Catarina? The person to answer correctly, or the person that answers closest to the actual answer gets the deddie.
-Apollo