9 (Magnus)

"N-No. Don't call her..." Is the last thing I say before I black out from the pain.

***

When I open my eyes, I'm in the middle of my blood soaked carpet, right where I blacked out. Will is asleep on the couch. I try to sit up, but every cut on my body screams with pain. I fall back against the carpet before trying again. This time I have more success. From what I can tell, it's nighttime. I try to stand up, but it seems impossible. I let out a groan of pain.

"Will?" I feel bad waking him up, but I need help getting up. His eyes fly open instantly.

"Magnus! Lay back down!" I shake my head and try to stand, but he comes over and pushes me, gently, back down. I huff in exasperation but comply.

"Magnus." I can tell by the look on his face and his tone of voice that he's going to ask me why I didn't want Catarina to come over.

"Will..." I raise myself on my arms slightly to see his face.

"No, Magnus. You know what I'm going to ask, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Why didn't you want me to call Catarina?" Ugh. I flop back down. That was stupid. Now my back hurts even more.

"There's two reasons Will. One of them is the fact that Isabelle broke the Accords. And Catarina would alert the Clave, who would charge her."

"And that's a bad thing why?"

"Because I deserved it."

"Magnus. You didn't deserve to be beaten like a criminal."

"I broke her brother's heart. She's overly protective of him."

"Fine. I obviously can't win. What is the second reason?" Ugh. I turn my face away from him.

"CatarinawonttalktomebecauseibrokeupwithAlecandnowshehatesme."

"What was that Magnus? Look at me." I turn back to him.

"Catarina won't talk to me because I broke up with Alec and now she hates me." He chuckles lightly.

"What?"

"Nothing Magnus. But Catarina is here and she will walk through that door in three... two... one." Right on cue, Catarina steps into my apartment. Crap.

"You called, Warlock Bane?"

"No, actually. My boyfriend here did." A tiny smirk grows on her face as she takes me in.

"And why would the Almighty High Warlock of Brooklyn need my help?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Will butts in. Her smirk grows slightly when she sees him.

"Ah. The charming Mr Solace. To what do I owe this pleasure?" This isn't like Catarina at all. Hmm.

"Can you heal Magnus?"

"Of course. Do you doubt my abilities? What happened?" She directs her question at me.

"Isabelle Lightwood beat me because I broke up with Alec." Catarina sniggers at this.

"This will heal you if you take a spoonful three times a day." She reaches into her bag and chucks a large bottle at me. Will takes the bottle from me and grabs a spoon, giving me my dose. He looks at Catarina, waiting for her to go.

"Thank you for your help Catarina." He says, clearly dismissing her.

"Yes. Now; how much will you pay me?" Will's jaw drops. Clearly he didn't expect to pay her. Seeing this, Catarina laughs softly. "You didn't expect me to do this for free, did you?" Before Will can answer, I butt in.

"No, of course not. Will, can you get my black box from the bedroom?" Will nods and rushes to our room. Catarina surveys me with an amused expression on her face. Will comes back with my box. I sit up slightly and take it from him. "How much do you want?"

"A couple hundred." I nod and grab a rubber banded stack of notes.

"Here's five hundred." Catarina nods and take the cash from me. She heads towards the door, mumbling about visiting Isabelle. "Please don't tell the Clave!" I call, and she turns back.

"Oh no. I just want to congratulate her on her fantastic job." And with that, she's gone. Will just watches this whole transaction with an open mouth.

"That's an outrageous price!"

"Not for warlocks it isn't, Will."

A/N _Lord_Hades_ gave me a guess, and that was that Malec is Catarina's otp. It wasn't the answer I had in mind, but I liked the idea, so deddie goes to her! Also I'm sorry about not updating but school is a poo and gave me like five hours of homework today and heaps on the six other days since it has started :( btw check out _Lord_Hades_'s book. It's a book about why I should update and it's pretty cool XD
-Apollo