6: Teaching the White Lotus

A/N: So, I don't know why but I'm in such a chocolatey mood so this and the next chapter will again have chocolate 😁

Is called Chocolate before the Chaos, honey! 😂

________________________________________

Lan Wangji sat at his study table, counting. "Four months. First, red roses. Second, red, purple and pink tulips. Then, red camellia. Now white magnolia?" He smiled as he stroked the petals of the bunch of magnolias on his table. Sure enough, at the start of every month, Lan Wangji would wake up to find a bouquet of some kind of meaningful and beautiful flower on his table. Wei Wuxian had stuck to his word. For once.

Shaking his head, he returned his attention to the book in his hand. Focussing on the point he'd marked while reading last night, he frowned. A-Ying?

A-Zhan?

Are you busy?

Teaching, but they're writing notes. What does my darling wish to ask?

A-Ying, do you know of a protection ward that traps objects within it? One that runs on energy?

Sounds like my Golden Thread!

Mn. But stronger.

You're reading the book on your table last night? I read that sometime back. What you're talking about, it's an enhanced form of my Golden Thread. We could try that on the Carmine Catastrophe. Is that why you asked?

Mn. But I don't think spiritual energy works?

You guessed right, darling. It would work but this is a dark item we're tackling. It has to be demonic energy, to counteract the energy emitted by the sceptre.

Mn.

Doubts cleared, Lan-Er-Gege?

Mn, take care.

See you soon!

Lan Wangji smiled. It felt good to live such a peaceful life, him reading his books, A-Ying teaching his Sect-load of kids, everyone happy. They weren't really progressing with the Lius so Lan Sizhui was considering releasing the useless ones and executing the Clan Leader soon. Only Nie Huaisang insisted on waiting a week more because he'd found a not-so-solid lead.

"At the end of this week, if that brat says nothing, he's finished," Lan Wangji recalled Jiang Wanyin saying at a meeting.

Lan Wangji shook his head. They could do whatever they like, he didn't care. He would help them in protecting the sceptre and that was it. Traitors, dungeons, and any other problem wasn't his. His problem was solving the issue of the sceptre because he knew his beloved had suffered from it. From him.

Lan Wangji looked out of the window. The magnolia on his table and the magnolia outside shimmered in the sunlight. The flower trees I'd grown to remember Qiang-Er... Who'd have thought I'd be able to show her? All thanks to Wei Ying. And Wen Ning. Gege was right, we need to do something about Wen Ning. Lan Zhan put away his book and picked up a paper and paintbrush and began writing. 

**********

"Little Qiang, I think I'm getting your age wrong all the time. You're younger than me or not?"

Lan Qiang shook her head as she swallowed the cake in her mouth. "Older."

"Huh? Really?"

"Mn, I'm Zhan-ge's age."