17: Where's Xingguang Xian?

"Jiujiu!"

"Jin Ling?"

Jin Ling ran into the Sect Leader's Hall at Lotus Pier. "Jiujiu, did you get the news? Daddy's found Liu Zhongliang!"

"Yes, he sent a letter to me, too."

"Daddy sent you? That's great! Nie Shushu sent me one. So what are we going to do now?"

"First sit and calm down," Jiang Cheng pointed to a chair. Once he was seated, Jiang Cheng continued. "A-Xian has spotted Liu Zhongliang in Dazhou. I think the two are still there now. Though people all know Xingguang Xian, they've rarely seen him. So he's well undercover. He won't tell me more than that should the message be intercepted and also because he's still wary of Lan Wangji finding out. The most we can do now is track his path to Dazhou. It's been a week since the first sighting. I wonder what the Lius are planning on doing there..."

"A week?"

"Yes. He'd wanted to make sure it was him and he'd seen him again this morning walking into a tavern. With another tall man. Might be Nie Jiuyue." 

"So when do we set off for Dazhou?"

"I only got the facts and information from A-Xian. What did your Nie Shushu say?"

"He told me to contact you. Perhaps the few of us sect leaders and a couple more disciples could gather and head for Dazhou. But first, he asked to give him a few hours, his scouts will check on Dazhou and be back within the day."

"Within the day? All the way to Dazhou and back? Huaisang's scouts really are one of a kind. Okay, then we'll wait."

"Then, Jiujiu, shall I go to Gusu and let Father know–"

"NO!"

"Ah? Why not?"

"Er..." Jiang Cheng crimsoned and looked away as he stood. "I... I'll go myself."

"But–"

"GEGE!"

"Meimei!" Jin Ling beamed as Meilien ran to him and hugged his leg. "Gege came to see me, woohoo!"

"Aww, yes yes, I came to see meimei. Meimei, can I ask you something?"

"Mn?"

"How long has it been since you last went to see Lan Shushu?"

"Daddy?" Meilien counted and replied, "Lost count! Couple of weeks, I think."

Jin Ling grinned at his uncle. "No wonder someone badly wants to grab the first opportunity to go there..."

"Speak a word more and I'm BREAKING YOUR LEGS!"

"JIUJIU MISSES HIS A-HUAN!" Jin Ling laughed and ran out with Meilien.

"Why that rascal! Learnt too much from A-Xian," Jiang Cheng growled and set off for Cloud Recesses. 

**********

The inn was empty except for two men gathered with their wives at the main table. The innkeeper had cowered behind the counter long ago when the flashing red lights had appeared. By now, he had gone all the way out of his tavern and into his home behind. Goodness, they dare to handle demonic energy out in the open? Yingxiong Laozu, we need Yingxiong Laozu! Please, God, the innkeeper looked up at the sky from the window in his bedroom, please send Yingxiong Laozu to savers from their wrath!

"HAHA!" Liu Zhongliang cackled. "Jiuyue, you're incredibly fast at catching up! Is it a trait of the Nies?"

"Hmph, I've long since defected from the Nie sect, stop calling me that."