48: Restarting Life

Wei Xiaolian squinted against the sunlight as she slowly sat up in bed. Emerald green eyes stared right into anxious silver. "Gege," she smiled merrily.

"Meimei's awake!" Wei Wuxian hugged her warmly. Xiaolian clung onto his back, breathing in the wondrous smell of lotuses, while Wei Wuxian stroked the long hair cascading down her back. "Meimei feels better?"

"I feel great now, gege."

"Do you remember what happened yesterday?"

"Yes. I woke up from the coma, you told me everything about my life because I'd forgotten things. And then Lan Yuanhua gave me medicine and I fell asleep again, right?"

"Correct. The medicine was to let your body heal, it's gone through a lot of wear and tear. So, wanna go have a walk?"

"No, gege, I'll stay here for a while, come out in a few hours. Maybe have a bath?"

"Mn, sure. Mama?"

Cangse Sanren, seated at the table in her house, walked over. "Xiaolian, you're going to stay with me here, alright?"

"Cloud Recesses?"

"Yes."

"But..."

"But what, my dear?"

"I'm the villain's wife... How can I possibly stay here?"

"You aren't the villain's wife anymore," Wei Wuxian patted her head. "You're Lan-and-Jiang-Elder Wei Wuxian's sister. Hanguang-Jun's sister-in-law. Cangse Sanren's niece. That's it. Nobody will dare say anything worse, alright?"

"If they do? It won't be good on gege and Auntie..."

"If they do, they won't see daylight again," Wei Wuxian growled.

"Ying-Er..."

"Mama, I mean it."

"Fine, fine, never mind. They won't say much anyway they respect Zhan-Er a lot, Xiaolian."

"I don't know why Hanguang-Jun's even willing to let me stay here... I let them do all that to gege..."

"Hey, I didn't remind you of the entire past in one night so that you could whine about it!" Wei Wuxian laughed. "Now then. You're Wei Xiaolian. Wei Xiaolian. That's it, hear me?"

"Mhm," Xiaolian nodded.

"Now come, wash up," Cangse held her by the arm and helped her stand up while Wei Wuxian waved and shut the door behind him to let her have a bath. He sauntered around the compound before arriving at the Sect Leader's Hall from whence he could hear a familiar voice.

"Little Sizhui, you better stop hiding things and get on with it! Jin Ling's always the silent and arrogant one! He's never going to be the first!"

"But... Nie Shushu..."

"Sizhui?" Wei Wuxian grinned as he knocked on the door.

"Daddy! Come in!"

Wei Wuxian walked in to meet Nie Huaisang waving his fan cheerfully at him. "Wei-xiong!"

"Hello there, Nie-xiong! What's this you've been feeding into my son's head about Little Rulan, hm?"

"Aish, come sit here," Nie Huaisang patted the seat beside him.

Once seated, he nodded to Sizhui who crimsoned as he mumbled, "N– Nie Shushu and I were talking about Sect matters and we finished up and drank tea... He was just suggesting I... p– pro..." Sizhui gulped.