43: Sweet Angel

A/N: So... Apologies over and over for any tears shed, and oh my God, I am so sorry for killing my darling Goatee Shifu! I really hate making others cry whether it's fiction or not. So someone here told me I better be giving loads of fluff? Well... Surprise! Surprise! You'd NEVER guess what I'm giving you! Enjoy! 

Tribute to all them sweetheart mothers out there! 

Oh, and the lullaby in this chapter. You can sing it to the tune of "You are my sunshine". Fits pretty perfectly! 

Happy reading! Stay smiling! 

💝 WXLL! 

________________________________________________________________________

"Mother!"

"Ying-Er," Cangse Sanren beamed at him, stroking his cheeks. "Why were you crying in your sleep, sweet angel?"

"A– Angel..." Wei Wuxian gulped. Not everyone calls him something like that.

"What? Can't I call you my sweet little angel? That's what I called you before, you know?" She smiled, stroking his cheek, rubbing away their moisture.

"Only... Only Lan Zhan has called me that... Nobody else..."

"Ah, your sweetheart, eh? Elegant young lad, I hear. Wish I could see him too, but I must say, sweet angel, your eyesight isn't bad!" She grinned cheekily.

Wei Wuxian blushed. "Mama... What are you saying..." he pouted with embarrassment.

"There, now you remember, don't you?"

"What?"

"You didn't call me Mother. It was always Mama."

Wei Wuxian smiled. "Don't really remember anything, it just flowed out." 

"Now tell me why you were weeping." 

"I... A-Zhan... I remembered A-Zhan... Mama, why are you here? Oh... Is this... the Other Realm?"

Cangse Sanren doubled up and burst into giggles. "Oh sweet child, you really are silly! Look around! See who's here!"

Wei Wuxian looked around. He was in a room that seemed to be something of a hut built against the mountainside. It was well-lit with lanterns and some otherworldly light. And then he felt a presence. A presence as powerful as Lan Wangji's or Wang Meihui's. "Such a strong Immortal?" He mumbled, glancing around until he spotted the figure who had her arms crossed with a smirk. "Who are you?" He quickly jumped in front of his mother out of instinct.

Both Cangse Sanren and the lady laughed.

"Ying-Er," his mother hugged him from behind. "Thank you for being so protective of me but really, Mother won't hurt us in the least."

"M– Mother?" Wei Wuxian gave the lady a once-over. She wore white robes with a pinkish-blue border and her hair tied back in a ponytail and a silver ornament. And of course, that smug grin on her beautiful round face. "Baoshan Sanren?"

"Finally," Baoshan Sanren sighed. "I was beginning to wonder if you were as thick-headed as Meihui said you seemed."

"Thick-headed?" Wei Wuxian frowned.

"What? That day when you and your husband went to meet her, all those hints she gave to your love about him having to sacrifice himself to save you, you didn't understand a word of it, right?"

Wei Wuxian looked away, down at his feet. "So you went to meet her?"

"Sure, she sent a message saying she met my grandson. And that Lan Yi's gone."