14: Helping Hanguang-Jun Heal

"Xiyuan-gege!"

Nie Xiyuan turned away from his troops to see a little boy of about age five running to him, gold and grey robes fluttering behind him. "Hello, Little Zian! What is it?"

"Xiyuan-gege, Dad's calling you."

"Sect Leader? Is General anywhere nearby?"

"Mum's on the other side of the compound, training the senior troops." Nie Zian pointed a chubby finger to the space behind the Unclean Realm Manor.

"Then wait a second." Xiyuan turned to the army and called out the seniormost one of the juniors. "Keep them practising, I'll be back shortly."

"Yes, Deputy General!"

Xiyuan took Zian's little hand and walked into the building. Reaching the Chief Cultivator's study, he bowed low. "Sect Leader."

"Xiyuan, come in. I've two messages from your two best friends."

"Hm?" Xiyuan sat in front of Huaisang and Nie Yongzheng, Zian, sat on his father's lap. "Who, Sect Leader?"

"First is from Lan Hao," Huaisang handed the paper to him. "I didn't read it, don't worry," he winked.

"S– Sect Leader..." Xiyuan crimsoned and tucked the letter in his sleeve.

Chuckling, Nie Huaisang brought out the second letter. "This one, I did read. It's addressed to me with a message to you from your second best friend."

"Second best friend?" Nie Xiyuan scrunched up his face in concentration before shouting "SENIOR WEI!"

"Yes. Wei-xiong says he's found a couple of beasts in a forest somewhere around Chongqing. He's sent directions to get there from Gusu. I think he found the place on the way to..." He shrugged. "Wherever it is he's going."

"And...?"

Huaisang hit Xiyuan's head with his fan. "And? What do you think he sent directions to beasts for? He's asked me to tell this to you so you can go with the rest of your Terrific Ten to attack them. Wei-xiong had killed one. I think there's only one left. That's for you guys."

"Oh," Xiyuan nodded as he rubbed the burning side of his head. "Then when shall we go, Sect Leader?"

"Anytime. I know there's not one moment when you and your friends are actually free, but meet up at our inn in Qinghe for a half-hour and discuss a date and time. Set off. We're not taking any part in your plans, all Wei-xiong and I are doing is tell you the location."

"Okay, Sect Leader. Oh and what beast is this?"

"No, not telling. This is a full-scale mission. Follow the directions and get there. Just like how you attacked the Nine-Headed Phoenix, make your plans spontaneously. Now go."

"Thank you, Sect Leader," Nie Xiyuan bowed, waved to Nie Yongzheng and marched out. 

***********

Having listened to Xiyuan explaining things, Sizhui nodded. "So..."

"Wait WHAT! We don't even KNOW what it is?"

"OUYANG ZIZHEN, STOP SHOUTING IN MY EAR!"

"Er... Sorry, Jingyi," Zizhen laughed awkwardly and lowered his volume.

"Jingyi, Zizhen, you've been screaming and brawling since we came in here!" Jin Ling shouted.

Jingyi goggled at him and pointed to Ouyang Zizhen. "HE started it, tell that only to him, not me!"

"I was only ASKING! Who asked YOU to blast your trumpet in my eardrums!"

"If the two of you don't SHUT UP, you'll have the honour of tasting Suihua!"