Chapter-11

Tiki-taka

Jennifer looked at her his hand who is reading or pretending to do so, when she entered into her room. As usual she removed her wedding ring and threw it in the drawer and closed it with a bang trying to gain the attention of the other human in that room.

"uh-hmm" she pretended to clear Her throat as happenes in movie and even that failed with her husband. "Derik" she called his name, and he looked up this time.

"Maa talked with me. She said that she wants a heir for this family" she said, shivering to utter every word though she practiced a thousand times.

"So-what?" he asked casually, As if it doesn't concerns him.

"She wants you to have a child, she want me to give birth to your child" Jennifer sounded low, As she mentally prepared herself.

"I'm not interested" he muttered as he turned a new page in the book and concentrated their.

"she warned me that she will get another woman for you if I failed" Jennifer lied, Rosy D'silva didn't told that. But she meant that.

"You want me to sign the divorce papers now?" Jennifer let out a sob with his words. He just told her that he won't accept her as his wife, ever.

"Derik, I know I did a miskate, but why are you torchering me like this, I loved you and I don't deserve all this for that. Atleast let me walk away from this" she cried and he stood unaffected.

"let you walk away?" he laughed. "You should reep what you sow" he smirked. "remember the day I stood before you like this Jennifer, pleading. You told me that you wanted to be my wife and nothing else, enjoy the perks of being Derik D'silva's wife" his words had venom in them and she lied on her side of the bed crying about her fate, crying about what she did to the man she loves more than anything. 'you changed your savior into a heartless beast' her conscious chided.

But if only she knows that this is going to end this way, she would have never approached him in the first place.

Jennifer closed her eyes and the memories form their first meet crept her mind.

"hey, girl. Careful" someone shouted and pulled her up before she could touch the ground as her Heals decided to betray her and skidded when she was running towards her class.

He slowly made her stand and she looked at him for the first time. He flashed a genuine smile at her when she thanked him. And that smile never left her mind after that day.

It was not the last time he saved her, he saved her from the seniors that day when they decided to mock her, and she felt touched. Though that's nothing special, jeniffer can't help but got attracted to him everyday that passed.

But now she regretted that. She should have stopped herself and her feelings at that time, then nothing of this sort would have happened.
.
.
.
Derik closed the book he was reading and looked at the sleeping figure of Jennifer and the dried tear traces in her cheeks. He felt bad for her. But he has no way, she dragged this upon herself and he can't do anything to help.