Chapter- 29 (Last Chapter)

So guys the final chapter is here and a huge thanks to everyone of you who had been with me in this journey. I know that i have been irregular and had made some sick twists in this story, yet you all stayed with me and supported this story which means a lot to me and i expect you guys to support me in the same way for my future stories too . love you all.

Derik entered into his room and saw Danish sleeping on the centre of the bed

Derik entered into his room and saw Danish sleeping on the centre of the bed. He looked so cute and resembled Anu too much. He had her beautiful smile and a drop of tear left his eyes without his control.

It has been about six months since he started living alone with Danish and Jennifer and each day became interesting with Danish around him. Even though the pain of losing Anu killed him bit by bit the sweet smile he saw in the face of Danish soothed his wounds.

"Did you ate anything outside or do you want me to prepare something for you?" the very familiar sound reached his ears and he turned to the dresser to find Jennifer without any emotion in her face.

The past months had changed his life in many way and it did changed the way he looked at his relationship with Jennifer. The already signed divorce papers are missing. And he his plans about future, all the settling in a foreign country went into vein with the entry of Danish in his life.

"No, I ate outside. Did Danish ate his dinner?", he asked not particularly looking at his wife instead concentrating in his mobile phone. "He did, and hope you remember that tomorrow is Abinaya's baby shower. I'm not forcing you to attend, but I'm going and taking Danish with me. If you have any very important business meet, then you can face the wrath of Abinaya D'silva later", Derik was damn sure that Jennifer smirked when she said those.

"I don't have any work, I will come", he said as he faded into the restroom to freshen up. Though the unexpected changes of their life didn't changed their relationship the entry of Danish did increased the conversation between them. They both started to talk more, at least about Danish. When he came out wiping his face with a towel he saw Jennifer standing in front of the dresser and she removed her wedding ring and nuptial as she usually does.

And for the first time that pained Derik in a weird way. He had seen her do every day but now he felt bad. Somewhere deep inside his mind he felt guilty. 'She don't deserve it, she deserve someone who loves her more than she loves you', his conscious spoke.

"You don't have to remove them that is not going to make any difference", he spoke gaining her attention and she gave him a small smile. "I'm forced to wear that outside even though these ornaments carries no meaning, but not in here I think. And as you said these metal pieces are not going to make any difference in our relationship. We are just two well-known strangers who are sharing a room for years", her words hurt Derik more that she expected them to.

"Hmm" he hummed in response and diverted his concentration back to his mobile phone.

"Can I ask you something Derik?", Jennifer started a conversation with her husband after a long time. "You can ask me anything Jenny", his reply did surprised her as he ended that with her nickname.